Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Wes
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 3:02:25 AM(UTC)
Wes

I have an axis m1033 I have controlling my garage door with its output. I don't have a keypad on the outside for a guest to enter my garage. I recently started playing around with NFC tags and was wondering if there was a way for the NFC tag to be programmed to have the scanner go to a website, enter a password, and only when the correct password is entered will the website send a code (email or text or whatever) to my milestone server to pulse the camera output so the door opens.
Torsten
#2 Posted : Monday, August 4, 2014 2:46:59 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hej Wes,

sounds a bit complicated... A simpler approach would be to connect an output of the NFC scanner with an input of the camera.

When NFC chip is accepted, output is triggered (typically, its two pins are short-circuited).

Camera registers this, sends event to server. Server reacts and activates output, gate opens :-)

In XProtect, you need to configure Hardware Input Events for the cam in questions, and set up output activation based on the aforementioned input events.

That should be it.

Best regards,
Torsten