Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mathew
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:43:23 PM(UTC)
Mathew

First off, thank you for your time in reading this.

I have XProtect Go 2014 on a Win 8.1 x64 workstation with one generic IP camera. It's been working fine all the way up until yesterday. I found when I got home yesterday that my video was showing an old image.

Independent playback still works, but the 'Live' feed seems that it will only update to a new image frame every few hours at most.

Here is what I've done so far, reinstalled the application (client and server). That did nothing. Uninstalled the application, first backing up 2 files, c:\program data\MileStone\Milestone Surveillance\configuration.xml and license.lic. I then deleted the folders in the following locations, Program files, ProgramData and my video recording folder. I then even deleted all registry keys that related to MileStone.

Lastly I reinstalled the server and client, only to find that it was still only working in independent playback mode.

I cannot find any error or warnings in any of the .log files in c:\programdata\Milestone Surveillance\*.log, nor any in the windows event viewer.

No other software was installed at or around the same day.
Michael
#2 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 1:12:46 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Hi Mathew,

This is definitely not a generic issue, but if no errors are seen in the Recording Server logs or no crash reports are found together with the log files, I would assume this to have external causes. And I will assume the configurations to be OK as well. I would start with checking the cameras, network and storage, and it could also be a simple license issue. Perform an online/offline Activation from the Management Application.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please start a case with the Milestone Support. Thank you.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
Mathew
#3 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 4:58:07 PM(UTC)
Mathew

Originally Posted by: Michael Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mathew,

This is definitely not a generic issue, but if no errors are seen in the Recording Server logs or no crash reports are found together with the log files, I would assume this to have external causes. And I will assume the configurations to be OK as well. I would start with checking the cameras, network and storage, and it could also be a simple license issue. Perform an online/offline Activation from the Management Application.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please start a case with the Milestone Support. Thank you.

Camera is fine. I can stream from the camera sitting at the VMS PC using VLC (RTSP) and HTTP. From within the milestone client, the 'live' feed image may update it's image about once every 3 hours but if I click on independent view, it's fine. Also if I open the management application the video feed on every screen is also fine.

I've now put about 8-10 hours of troubleshooting, even restored the system to earlier in the week (full image backup; not windows restore), it worked good for a couple hours and then back to showing me one image every few hours.

It seems that it is still recording.

If it helps any, the specs of the machine are:

Win 8.1 x64
2x Xeon E5645
48GB DDR3 ECC
eVGA SR-2 board (Intel 5520)
AMD Eyefinity 6 (HD 7700 Series)

I do have a couple 2012 R2 servers I can install it on but they're ESXi guests and the storage would have to be iSCSI. I assume latency may be an issue within that environment.