Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 8:20:28 PM(UTC)

I am unable to view live footage, and the system is not recording. I am using Xprotect GO with a current valid license. Yesterday I updated my Windows 8.1 OS and since then my client camera views have "stopped" above all displayed cameras. The Cam views have been still showing the last recorded footage before I updated my windows OS.

The management application "service control" shows all statuses are started. I can view live camera footage when I customize each camera thought the "advanced configuration" "hardware devices" in the drop down tree. Also, I am able to connect to the server via Iphone application, but the camera views show "connection lost" in each camera view.

The updates were:
Security update for Microsoft word 2010 (KB2883013)

Windows Malicious software removal tool for windows 8, 8.1 (KB890830

update for windows 8.a for x64-based systems(KB29769976)

Security update for microsoft asp.net mvc 4.0 (KN2993928)

Thank you for your assistance!

joshua attached the following image(s):
Updates.png (20kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#2 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 1:22:11 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Hi Joshua,

This is definitely not a generic issue, but if no errors are seen in the Recording Server logs or no crash reports are found together with the log files, I would assume this to have external causes. And I will assume the configurations to be OK as well. I would start with checking the cameras, network and storage, and it could still be a simple license activation issue. Perform an online/offline Activation from the Management Application.
The Windows event logs fro System and Application may also have a few clues as to what is wrong.

If this doesn't help to resolve the issue, please start a case with the Milestone Support. Thank you.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
 1 user thanked Michael for this useful post.
joshua on 11/4/2014(UTC)
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 10:28:50 PM(UTC)

I was only able to get the VMS running correctly by removing the windows updates with a system restore.

I am unable to perform any windows updates and still keep Milestone running correctly.