Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Joseph
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:57:14 PM(UTC)
Joseph

I have 3 Canon VB-M40 cameras which are connected and working fine. I am trying to set up a 4th camera which is a Canon VB-C300 (which is also supported according to your list of supported cameras).

In the Management Application, I go to Getting Started and select add Hardware. I enter the IP mannually, enter user name and password, tell it to auto-detect and it connects to the camera and says it found a VB-C300 and that it is connected. Camera 4 then shows up in my Camera and Storage Information on the left, however when I click on Camera 4 and the Camera Settings Summary comes up, it searches for the camera but then says "Connection error on "Camera 4" and I can't get an image. I am able to view this camera with the Canon supplied SW, NC Viewer, so I know the camera is connected to the network. Also, it pings just fine.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Joe
Justin
#2 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 8:42:30 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)

Well my first thought is that you should
try the latest device pack
try changing the username used to be <default> (presuming this isn't added on a standards driver such as PSIA or ONVIF)
try and match the firmware to the below

Device name VB-C300
Hardware id 174
Device type Camera
Login account root
Latest tested firmware 1.1 Rev.0
All tested firmwares 0.5 Rev.4,1.1 Rev.0

you can also try a factory reset on the camera.

Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
 1 user thanked Justin for this useful post.
Joseph on 10/1/2014(UTC)
Joseph
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:13:19 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Justin,

That worked! Thank you! I reconnected the camera and left the username as <default> and that worked perfectly.

Now I'm trying to understand why all of my images in XProtect Smart Client say "Stopped" instead of "Live" and the image is frozen and stale.

That's probably a different forum though, isn't it?

Thank you,

Joe
Justin
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:13:05 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
Stopped could be from the below link

http://www.milestonesys....base/?articleNo=00000470

or alternatively the license hasn't been activated. Although I'm not sure how relative this actually is on the GO product.

Glad we're a step further along though.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
 1 user thanked Justin for this useful post.
Joseph on 10/1/2014(UTC)
Joseph
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:55:02 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Justin,

Thank you for your quick replay. I verfied my cameras are all set to "Always On" and the Go license expires 8/15/2015. The Smart Client sw has been working for several weeks without issue and as far as I know the recording server is running. Also, the images are fine in the Management Application Camera and Storage windows. Not sure what is going on. I have asked our IT folks to look at it.

Another odd thing, the 4th camera connects fine in Management Application, but does not appear in the Smart Client list of cameras?? Probably something to do with the "Stopped" issue.

I also entered this topic over in the General forum.

Thank you again,

Joe
Torsten
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 4:57:01 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
" the image is frozen and stale." --> that means that you see the last image you ever received from the camera.

The camera not appearing: Could it be as simple as the SmartClient has not refreshed the config (log out, log in again)?

Has the user who runs the SmartClient sufficient rights to see the 4th camera?

Rgds,
Torsten
 1 user thanked Torsten for this useful post.
Joseph on 10/2/2014(UTC)
Joseph
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:56:21 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Torsten,

Thank you for your reply. I think we found the problem. I am running Xprotect Go on my local computer and IT loaded the 30 day trial of Essential on the Server and it has expired. Can we run Go on the Server also? Do we even need SW on the Server. I'm guessing it is required if we want to store data to the server correct? Currently I am just storing to my local harddrive, but I do want to store to the server.

Thank you again for your answeres. We are getting close.

Joe
curtis
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:21:50 AM(UTC)
curtis

Two of my cameras need to set online 'Always on' at the Management Application so that they can view live video on the smart client, but others are 'always off' and still can view live ?