Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Yousef
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:55:14 AM(UTC)
Yousef

Hi,

my Surveillance system experiences up-normal situation such that when i do playback the videos not continuous such that a lot of jumps.
The live view is normal and continuous.
CPU utilization on the recording server is about 30%.
The link between recording server and network is through only one NIC on Gigabit port of the switch!
The recording server has two NICs and I am using only one as I mentioned before.
The system consists of 45 cameras 35 of them are less than 1 MP @ 15 fps!

Please help solving this issue since I don't know where to start solving the problem, is it related to the recording server it self or is it related to the network!

One thing may be helpful; I used a tool from Wireshark to analyze the RTP packets and I got the lost packets of about 25%.

Thanks in Advance
Michael
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 12:49:21 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
This may be more efficiently handled through a Support case, but please consider these, more generic suggestion below:
It does however sound like a network issue, when you have up to 25% network packet loss.

Try making an export in native Milestone Database format from the Recording Server and Camera that displays the issue.
Exporting does not suffer from delays or network issues (it will wait or re-transmit if needed).
Using the Smart Client Player to view the export, do you see the same issues in the exported footage ?
If not the case, it's your network.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
 1 user thanked Michael for this useful post.
Yousef on 4/23/2015(UTC)
Yousef
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:00:07 PM(UTC)
Yousef

Dear Michael,

Thanks for help.
I found that streaming mode is set to TCP! should I change it to UDP?! and what is the difference?

Thanks