Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

John
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:40:43 PM(UTC)
John

I have just updated XProtect Go to the 2014 version. I am able to access my video streams using the Modile app on the iPhone, however I am not able to so via the PC desktop Web Client, even on the server on which Xprotect is installed. Going to the URL I have used for years just produces a dark gray screen (the normal web client app colors) with no other content.

If I temporarily disable Web Client access from inside the management app, the URL then produces a "Page Not Found" error, so I assume the URL I am using is good.

One last thing, after updating the desktop Managment and Smart Client icons are changed to the new style, but the Web Client icon is still an "Internet Explorer" generic icon. (Perhaps not pertinent).

Anyone know what could be wrong?
Michael
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:29:07 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
I would try with another Browser. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or IE in recent versions are preferred. You could also try with a new, uncached, anonymous web page (CTRL-Shift-N in Chrome).

Also, I would recommend upgrading the Mobile Server to latest 2014 edition (v 2.7 d). The default Web client log-on page is "http://[Server name or IP-address]:8081/index.html"
The Web Client Browser app. should have a nice light blue Milestone icon, so something's probably up with your Browser.

Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
John
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 3:54:54 PM(UTC)
John

Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. You are correct, the site loads fine in Firefox and Chrome. So, I reinstalled the Mobile Service using the install file from the Milestone site. The problem continues in IE,though, and that is our company standard browser, so I have to get it working.

If I F12 in IE, I can see that the site is loaded, despite the scren being all gray. Any idea what "could be up" with the Browser? This same thing happens across multiple PCs, even when I right click on the Mobile Server icon and select "Open XProtect Web Client" in the task tray of the host server.

John