Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.



#1 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 12:17:07 PM(UTC)

Joined: 6/26/2014(UTC)
Posts: 0

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi All,

I was working on upgrade from Milstone Xprotect Professional 2013 to 2014.
I did the upgrade on Main server and Slave server. However, I am not able to connect
to the main server from my PC remotely and also XProtect Smart Client even on Main server.

Main Server: Microsoft Windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise (x64) => Upgraded using upgrade method
Slave Server: Mincrosoft Windows 7 Professional (x64) => Upgraded using clean installation method
(delted 1st on C++2010 x64 Redistributable and Microsoft SQL Server related softwares)

When I try to connect using Windows authentication (current user)/ Windows authentication/
or Basic authentication,there is an error message saying that "Logon failed due to an unknown error"
I think it happened after upgrading Slave server from 2013 to 2014.

I checked the User access setting and it was fine. It was same setting with Slave server and I can
access to the Slave server without any problem from XProtect Smart Client 2014.

Please let me know possibile setting/configuration I can check it out.

Best regards,
Akihide attached the following image(s):
smart client 2014 login error.PNG (230kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:34:00 AM(UTC)

Joined: 6/26/2014(UTC)
Posts: 0

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I also did what I can think of:
- compare with TCP/IP setting including DNS setting
- Windows Services to make sure all key services are up
- Windows Firewall setting

Plesae let me know your comment.
Your comment is very helpful

Best regards,
* Bo san, thank you for your comment in my last post.
It was very helpful!
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:49:34 AM(UTC)

Joined: 4/10/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,643

Thanks: 196 times
Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
If you can run the Smart Client with the below tool and then upload the logs, I think that will most likely show the issue. Please select all logs.


Additional XProtect® Smart Client log files are required which are not created by default. These logs are enabled by un-commenting the appropriate sections of Client.exe.config in the Smart Client installation directory. Since this process can be error-prone, and is difficult to communicate, the SCLogCollector tool was created to simplify the process.

To use this tool, follow the steps below:
Download and unzip:
Double-click SCLogCollector.exe
Choose which Smart Client (32bit or 64bit) to perform log collection on (this choice is only available if both are installed)
Enable the logging options as prescribed by Milestone Support
Click Start, and wait for Smart Client to launch (this may take a minute)
Perform the steps necessary to reproduce your reported issue
Close Smart Client
SCLogCollector will combine Smart Client logs into a ZIP file on the Desktop called SCLogs_YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-SS.zip
Send the logs to Milestone Support via the described method - either FTP or through My Milestone -> My Cases on www.milestonesys.com


Note: SCLogCollector is not able to collect Soap Trace Logs because they are saved to the Smart Client Program Files directory. The Smart Client must be launched as Administrator to generate logs in this directory and SCLogCollector is unable to initiate a UAC elevation request on behalf of another program. To generate Soap Trace logs, use SCLogManager instead, and launch Smart Client as Administrator manually.
Kind regards


Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:47:03 AM(UTC)

Joined: 6/26/2014(UTC)
Posts: 0

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dear Justin,

Thank your the information. I`ve got the log!
I will send it to Milestone Support.

Best regards,
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:35:16 AM(UTC)

Joined: 6/26/2014(UTC)
Posts: 0

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Regarding the issue of not able to view the content of Main XProtect Professional 2014 server was solved.
I was able to connect with Slave server from my Smart Client 2014, but I could not do that to Main serve.

However, I checked the Master/Slave setting under [Surveillance Server] again and I did reconfigure it
on Master server. I also checked the setting on the slave server as well.

Then, connection established without any error from my Samrt Client 2014.

I appreciated your support.
Thank you.

Best regards,
 1 user thanked Akihide for this useful post.
Joakim on 11/25/2014(UTC)
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:57:19 AM(UTC)

Joined: 6/25/2015(UTC)
Posts: 0

I had the same problem after upgrade from Version 5 to Version 2014

To fix it, I right clicked on the Server name, selected properties and add an alternate address which was the IP address of our server
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.