Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

M
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 4:57:23 AM(UTC)
M

i have 3 monitors connected to my Computer but i can only utilize one monitor right now.

when i right click on a view it show me secondorty display 1 & 2 under sendto but they are greyed out so i cant select them.

im using Xprotect essentinal and the client is the latest version (9.0c)

any idea why i cant send views to my other screens?
Michael
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:17:01 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
I'm afraid this is not possible with the XProtect Go or Essential. It is supported from XProtect Express and upwards.
More information in the Comparison Chart (Display views on multiple monitors ): http://www.milestonesys....%20August%205%202014.pdf

In general the rule is:

The Smart Client relies on Windows Display properties (as seen in the Display Control Panel -> Screen Resolution). If this shows 3 separate displays and these are not combined to one, logical display, it will work.

You can test by dragging an application to screen 1 and then maximize the application window. If this works, this display will be available in the Smart Client. Try the same for the other screens.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:20:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
B
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 12:08:43 AM(UTC)
B

Are you kidding me? This has been bugging me for a while I couldn't get the send to window to work right, I was going to come here and search/ask for support.

$50 a camera and I can't even detach a window to a new monitor, I need to pay $100 a camera for that? Yay for obnoxious feature tiering.