Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:03:31 PM(UTC)
Alan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi All,

I would be interested in hearing your experiences in adding a remote camera into Milestone over the WAN. Either using a dynamic dns service to update your external IP or by just using the external IP and port number of the camera. Also if anyone knows if ONVIF cameras support doing this; I believe I read somewhere on this forum that ONVIF cameras and the universal drivers cameras can't work this way.

Thanks
Michael
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:22:08 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Hi Alan,

This is not camera specific, but I do believe both the ONViF and Universal driver are NAT'able and should work over the Internet with recent versions of the Device Pack. (latest version 7.7 recommended). After PING'ing the device, try to TELNET [Device IP] [port 80 -default]
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
Alan
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:49:53 PM(UTC)
Alan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Michael Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alan,

This is not camera specific, but I do believe both the ONViF and Universal driver are NAT'able and should work over the Internet with recent versions of the Device Pack. (latest version 7.7 recommended). After PING'ing the device, try to TELNET [Device IP] [port 80 -default]

Thanks Michael,

Here is a post I found which might be of use to some people also:

"Hi Brent, we do 3/4G streaming on a few sites and we use Cybertec and Netcomm 3/4G modems. I am unsure what country you are in, but for Australia we use Telstra(the carrier) with Mica code GPTEX83(this enables telstra.extranet in the APN of the 3/4G modem. Otherwise without the Mica code added only telstra.internet can be used and it does not allow remote access) added to the service so we can access the site/equipment via DDNS(no-ip.com is my choice). We would then port forward the modem hostname to specific ports of the equipment being used.

Eg. For a single modem and camera setup, say the DDNS host name is test.noip.com, we would portforward test.noip.com:8082 to the cameras local address(example 192.168.0.2) 192.168.0.2:80 and portforward test.noip.com:554 to the cameras local 192.168.0.2:554.

Then in Milestone, via Add hardware, select Manual, then Next, the enter your Username and Password if it is not in the list and selected, then Next, then the drivers to use for the model camera, then Next, and for the Adress put test.noip.com and for the port 8082 then Next and it should work.

A thing to definitely take into consideration is the data usage and data excess cost as we have had some large bills from a single stream being left on for a couple of days."

I will test this and report back on my findings.
Alan
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 7:03:51 PM(UTC)
Alan

when we use multiple remote cameras connecting through the firewall, how will we map port 554 for each camera?

your example for one camera:
Quote:
Eg. For a single modem and camera setup, say the DDNS host name is test.noip.com, we would portforward test.noip.com:8082 to the cameras local address(example 192.168.0.2) 192.168.0.2:80 and portforward test.noip.com:554 to the cameras local 192.168.0.2:554.