Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Matthew
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:03:36 PM(UTC)
Matthew

I see in the Smart Client that there is a way to set up cycling or "carouseling" cameras in a view so that multiple cameras will cycle through. I was wondering if there is a way to make it to where multiple views that are set up can be cycled on a screen. We have multiple buildings with multiple cameras across our campus. I've set up the views so that they are building specific (view 1 is all the cameras in Building 1). Is there a way so that I can cycle through and have all the cameras from Building 1 show up at the same time, then all the cameras from building 2, and so on? Or will I have to create a view will multiple carousels and make the timing just right so they show up at the same time?
Torsten
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:48:57 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Dear Matthew,

it sounds doable, but tedious. After all, you would have to configure each view separately. You also have to keep the order of the cams (or rather, of the buildings) across all views to avoid changing all views when changing one view.

Besides, I am convinced that each carousel lives its own life, and thus you cannot count on a synchronous change. In other words, you will experience asynchronous changes.

Even worse, users could manually jump to different cameras within each carousel, which would also destroy the desired effect.

I think you should rather look at views which are controlled by events. In Enterprise, you have the Matrix for this (but with limited set of suitable events - and no timer events). Maybe you can improvise...

Rgds,
Torsten
Matthew
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:53:44 PM(UTC)
Matthew

Thank you for your help Torsten. That's what I was afraid of. I may have to go the Matrix route or consider adding more monitors to build a video wall...

Thanks,

Matt
Torsten
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:16:15 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Here is an idea that might actually do the trick (but it's a bit far-fetched):
  • Set up an I/O box with n inputs (where n is the number of view groups)
  • Configure an event for each of the n inputs
  • Create a matrix and make it event-controlled so that each of the n events activates the desired views
  • Make some suitable piece of hardware which can activate your inputs in the desired order and at the desired frequency (some CMOS logic, a few capacitors, a few resistors and a soldering iron required)
That should do it.

Instead of the events created by hardware, you could use a program which can inject generic events into XProtect, and run this program on your server (controlled by a Windows Scheduled Task).

A suitable program is the Generic Event Test tool, available at http://www.milestonesys.com/download/GenericEventTest.zip

Good luck, and thanx to Justin :-)
Torsten
Torsten
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:44:02 PM(UTC)
Torsten

P.S. The program expects the following parameters:

GenericEventSendTool.exe <hostname> <port> <text>

• The hostname is the hostname or IP of the server
  • The Port will be the port number used by the generic event and should be listed under the event server properties.
  • The text is whatever you have set to trigger the event itself.

Example:
GenericEventSendTool.exe localhost 1234 switch_to_building1

Justin
#6 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:14:30 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
different example of what to use it for but the idea is still similar.

Description

Within Xprotect Enterprise or Xprotect Professional you wish to record continuously within working hours but record on motion outside of these times.

solution

There is no inbuilt scheduler however please see the below work around configuration.
There are two things which I should note about this setup:
1, If you have motion ongoing at your stop time, so say you have motion occurring at 17:00 and the stop recording event fires you will have a blip when recording is stopped and then restarted based on the motion detection.
2, If you have the recording server restart for any reason albeit server reboot or change of settings the recording will only be on motion post reboot, until you have the start event fire. I believe there is a work around for this using some extra scripting in the .bat file.

Please follow the below pdf.
http://download.mileston.../mtskb/s00833/Continuous recording within certain times and motion detection outside of those times.pdf
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Tuan Anh
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:17:47 PM(UTC)
Tuan Anh

I have a same question. My customer using Corporate with Interconnect to many branches (branches using Enterprise) and they have a Smart Wall at control center. They want to cycling group of cameras at a time interval (for example, 3 minutes each cycle) on Smart Wall from Group 1 to Group N and back to Group 1 and so on. How can I setup this method? I plan to use Rules for this. Can I do it?