Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cecilio Jr.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:59:49 PM(UTC)
Cecilio Jr.

Hi I am maintaining a XPE7 and my problem is this other data in storage, recording log shows Error in deleting old archives. I have this red portion in the pie chart even if the disk is dedicated to video archive alone and the storage usage summary is always in calculating mode in other drives. Can anyone help me about this? its leaving no space for new recording.
Justin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:04:25 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
Can you browse to the archive which is failing to delete and enter the folder? If you shutdown the recordings and image servers can you manually delete the failing archive Also is your recording server service runnign as a user who has permissions to delete on that driver/folder?
Finally if you look in the windows system or application logs are there any disk related errors which may explain the issue?
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
 1 user thanked Justin for this useful post.
Cecilio Jr. on 3/21/2013(UTC)
Cecilio Jr.
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:41:18 PM(UTC)
Cecilio Jr.

Hello justin yes I can get into the archive folder but how I’m going to determine the files that are no longer recognized by XPE7 in an efficient manner where the recording log entries are not so friendly. The recording log error of failure to delete doesn’t provide details of the files involve in the failure. About the recording server service it is in local system account in all of the servers which the other servers are just working fine. Regarding the windows system log, no there are no disk related errors though we are experiencing low disk space. I’m hoping that you can provide me a certain approach that will prevent these errors from happening again and these orphaned files will be recovered or removed totally.
Nikesh
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 1:40:49 PM(UTC)
Nikesh

I too having this issue ., can anyone help me in closing this issue,,