Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Misael
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:11:42 PM(UTC)
Misael

We have an XProtect Essential installation that includes Cameras from Axis and GeoVision (GV).
All Axis cameras, model M3014, were detected and are working fine.
Are also connected and working fine in the system, three GeoVision-BL120D and one GeoVision-MFD220 all of them with firmware v1.15.

Now we need to connect five existing GV-VD220D cameras to the system. All of them have firmware v2.01.
When we use the Add hardware device wizard the system finds the camera as PSIA Conformant IP Camera. The system adds the camera and the verified checkmark is activated.

We can change the properties of the camera without problems, but when we attempt to use the Configure Video and Recording... wizard, it displays: Connection error on "Camera 1". NO video is displayed.

I get a different error if I physically disconnect the camera, so I assume it's communicating with it but for some reason we get no video.

Please Help.... any Suggestions???
Justin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:22:21 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
Can you access the camera settings via the advanced menu? Are you taking H264 feeds on any other cameras? I would remove as many obstacles as possible so make sure that the firewall is off on the machine and that you try and see if you can configure settings from the advanced configuration. If you use different settings i.e switch between jpgs<>mpeg<>h264, use UDP rather then TCP or vice versa or play with the frame rate or resolution do you recieve an image, I've seen issues before where we request the capabilities of the device via PSIA or ONVIF and they are not listed as we expect in which case playing with the above may allow you to see an image. Alternatively if you get a jpg stream but not a h264 stream then you most probably have port 554 blocked on your firewall and disabling this should allow the camera to show an image.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Misael
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:15:02 PM(UTC)
Misael

Thanks for the info Justin... I will try all suggested changes to see if I can put those devices to work.

thanks again...
Kit Ying
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:21:26 AM(UTC)
Kit Ying

Hi. I am facing this issue also. My Milestone is with device pack 8.2 with software version 8.6d. My Geovision camera is BX320D upgraded to firmware 2.14
I can add the camera into Milestone manually and select Onvif or PSIA. it shows connection error. How can this be solved? Can share with me?