Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Joseph
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:25:49 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Hello,

I am running Xprotect Smart Client 2014 v 9.0a and camera images say "Stopped" not "Live" and image is frozen and stale. They were working fine last week.

Also, new camera I connected in Management Application (connected fine and displays image) does not show up in Smart Client Camera list.

Would appreciate any help you could give.

Thank you,

Joe

BTW, I can ping the individual cameras and I can also ping the server that Smart Client is loaded on.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:52:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Torsten
#2 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 1:35:29 AM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Joseph,

ad "stopped camera": a "frozen and stale" image is usually shown in the "Replay" tab when you are outside a time range with recordings, e.g after database end. So I wonder if the SmartClient is indeed showing live data? I have had a situation before where a SmartClient would keep the "Replay" video even though the user had clicked on the "Live" tab. Could pl. toggle to "Replay" and back to "Live" and see if the effect is still there? Pls. confirm.

ad "new cam does not show up": Have you logged off from the SmartClient after you made the changes? A bit faster than an actual restart.

Rgds,
Torsten
 1 user thanked Torsten for this useful post.
Joseph on 10/6/2014(UTC)
Joseph
#3 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 3:09:40 AM(UTC)
Joseph

Torsten,

I'm sure we have found the problem. The IT person who loaded the sw loaded Go on my computer and Essential on the Server.

Now Essential has reached its 30 trial version and shut down. I believe he needs to remove Essential from the Server and reload Go to the Server instead, does that sound correct?

Are there any precautions he needs to follow in removing Essential. I have been seeing some forum messages about people having trouble completely removing sw.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Joe
Joseph
#4 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 3:11:40 AM(UTC)
Joseph

Also, the IT person asked me to ask you the following:

Ask the forum please it we can install Go on a Windows 2008 server and then connect to the cameras.
Next can we then using a Windows 7 with Go installed can we connect through the server to the cameras.

Torsten
#5 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 6:02:21 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Originally Posted by: Joseph Go to Quoted Post
Torsten,

I'm sure we have found the problem. The IT person who loaded the sw loaded Go on my computer and Essential on the Server.

Now Essential has reached its 30 trial version and shut down. I believe he needs to remove Essential from the Server and reload Go to the Server instead, does that sound correct?

Are there any precautions he needs to follow in removing Essential. I have been seeing some forum messages about people having trouble completely removing sw.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Joe

You need not remove anything.

As all Small & Medium Business version (Go, Essential, Express, Professional, Enterprise) have the same executables, you only import another license, and the glass carriage will turn into a pumpkin (i.e. Essential will turn into Go).

However, I do not quite understand why the versions should influence each other. It's always the server version that counts, the SmnartClient follows suite.

Rgds,
Torsten
Joseph on 10/6/2014(UTC)
Torsten
#6 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 6:05:43 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Originally Posted by: Joseph Go to Quoted Post
Also, the IT person asked me to ask you the following:

Ask the forum please it we can install Go on a Windows 2008 server and then connect to the cameras.
Next can we then using a Windows 7 with Go installed can we connect through the server to the cameras.

Sure.

SmartClient (installed on whatever OS, even an old XP), connects to server.
Server with any 64 bit Windows, serves the SmartClient.
Cams serve the Server with video.

Note that Go has a limitation to 1 user connected to the Recording Server.
If this is not sufficient, you need Essential (for little money); it has a limit of 5 users.

Rgds,
Torsten
Joseph on 10/6/2014(UTC)
Joseph
#7 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 6:27:50 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Torston,

Thank you so very much for your response.

You say "It's always the server version that counts, the SmnartClient follows suite." but, my Smart Client points toward the Server with Essential which has expired so wouldn't that give me the "Stopped" message?

Also, when you say "Note that Go has a limitation to 1 user connected to the Recording Server." does that mean 1 connected to the server at a time or I can only load on one computer? I need to have it loaded on two different computers which are both mine but I would only be at one location or the other, so I would only connect on at a time. Will that work?

Thank you,

Joe
Corrado
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 7:57:59 PM(UTC)
Corrado

In my home I've a Milestone Xprotect Go and I access the Image from my mobile phone Nokia 925 Windows phone 8.1 very well.

1)With Xprotext Go 2014 and Milestone Mobile 2014 all work fine!!
2)After upgrade of Milestone Mobile from 2014 to 2016 (Xprotect Go 2014) on PC at home all work fine!!
3)After Upgrade Xprotect Go 2014 to 2016 milestone mobile stop work; after reconfiguration of Mobile restart but have a timeout (long time waiting) during loading view (caricamento viste); if i tap back and I re-enter in view I see all until I exit mobile client.
Thanks
Corrado