Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Robin
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:48:28 PM(UTC)
Robin

Dear all,

From Milestone Professional, The admin has been receiving this e-mail

"The system is not receiving video from the camera. Check the connection to the camera."

Understanding that it maybe due to loss of video for that intermittent disconnection.

If there anyway other ways to monitor this video loss?

I would like to know how does milestone track video losses?? By pinging?

If by pinging how many ping count lost the system will check before saying it is a lost of video and send an e-mail?

Anyway to set the number of ping lost or number of Second loss before it sent the e-mail

Do professional edition has this alarm manager feature?

Thank you for your help as I need these info before going to get fried!!
Justin
#2 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 2:51:32 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
We detect it based on loss of video, so the inability for the camera to provide video. This could be down to a loss of network connectivity or some other issue with the camera where video is not supplied, network timeouts, someone reconfiguring the camera outside of milestone etc.

We do not monitor cameras via ping at all.

In Corporate you can "ignore" communication timeouts below a certain time, however this is not supported in Professional I'm afraid.

You can use the Alarm system to monitor disconnects and I believe these alarms can also be set to close once video is resumed so this may be a better option for you. Also Xprotect Professional 2014 comes with the full alarm manager.

I think that answers everything you were asking.

If not feel free to reply.

Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Chu Xian Daniel
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:59:44 AM(UTC)
Chu Xian Daniel

Hi Justin,
From Milestone Professional, may I know how can I define Video lost alarm. In the Trigger Event from alarm definition, I selected System Events however I do not have communication stop option for device failure.

Please advise.

Thank you