Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Christopher R.
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:10:38 PM(UTC)
Christopher R.

My instructor for my Milestone training showed us a trick to use a recorded video file as a live camera feed. I thought it was just a matter of adding a Hardware Device with the DirectShow driver pointing at the localhost, but the Hardware add just fails saying it can't connect.

Can someone walk me through the process?

Thanks,

Chris
Alex
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 3:20:41 AM(UTC)
Alex

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Christopher R. Watson,

Here's a couple pointers:

- When adding the device, use the Manual option for adding the "camera."
- Input the IP address as a meta-address, indicating "0.0.0.0"
- Ensure you have available in the Device Pack the DirectShow Driver and select the DirectShow driver instead of Auto-Detect
- The "camera" should be accepted
- If inputting recorded video files, indicate the file path / location under the Settings tab for that camera.
- There may be other options, but I recommend using .AVI files for this. If you want to make a good demo, I'd create the .AVI looped, so that the file will start back at the beginning when it reaches its end
- Remember that the DirectShow driver is almost like an IP encoder; it can handle multiple channels (video clips). Each video clip running in the system concurrently will use a Channel License.

I believe that should get you on your way.

Take care,

ACK

Note: Any replies I make on Milestone forums are not official technical support responses. Please treat them as personal opinions with no warranty or guarantee implied. I am not Milestone technical support. Those people know what they're doing.
 2 users thanked Alex for this useful post.
Christopher R. on 10/2/2012(UTC), Foo on 12/26/2013(UTC)
Danny
#3 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 5:13:50 PM(UTC)
Danny

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Google for Axis Virtual Camera 3.0. It allows you to create a dummy camera, which is actually showing a looped movie file. Milestone will see this camera as a 'normal' device and threat it that way.
 1 user thanked Danny for this useful post.
Christopher R. on 10/2/2012(UTC)
Christopher R.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 10:04:58 PM(UTC)
Christopher R.

I'm unable to connect. I assume it should be loopback, 127.0.0.1, but what port? Username/password blank?

As for the Axis Virtual Camera - Google doesn't give me any good links and Axis doesn't appear to offer it on their tools page.
JOHN
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:44:15 PM(UTC)
JOHN

Originally Posted by: Alex Go to Quoted Post
Christopher R. Watson,

Here's a couple pointers:

- When adding the device, use the Manual option for adding the "camera."
- Input the IP address as a meta-address, indicating "0.0.0.0"
- Ensure you have available in the Device Pack the DirectShow Driver and select the DirectShow driver instead of Auto-Detect
- The "camera" should be accepted
- If inputting recorded video files, indicate the file path / location under the Settings tab for that camera.
- There may be other options, but I recommend using .AVI files for this. If you want to make a good demo, I'd create the .AVI looped, so that the file will start back at the beginning when it reaches its end
- Remember that the DirectShow driver is almost like an IP encoder; it can handle multiple channels (video clips). Each video clip running in the system concurrently will use a Channel License.

I believe that should get you on your way.

Take care,

ACK

Note: Any replies I make on Milestone forums are not official technical support responses. Please treat them as personal opinions with no warranty or guarantee implied. I am not Milestone technical support. Those people know what they're doing.

In addition to the IP address, I found on a forum to add as a password "DirectShow". That worked for me, before that, I was unable to connect.
Alex
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:52:04 PM(UTC)
Alex

If it's a Professional series product, yes, "DirectShow" (capital D and S) is the password. For the Advanced series, no entry for the password (thus the default) is necessary.