Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ivan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:59:08 PM(UTC)
Ivan

Hi,
I'm using Xprotect Pro in a VMware machine running Win2008 server 64bit (with no audio card).

In a win7 client I installed the Matrix software but it crashes after loading the 3rd camera.
In a XP 32bit SP3 client with matrix it works but when an event occurs it comes out showing the popup which indicates that it's connecting to the right camera. Then sometimes it remain blank, sometimes it loads the stream correctly, sometimes it flashes the stream.

I installed the last device pack in the Matrix Monitor folder, that supports the cameras, they are AXIS M1033-W.
I tryed to change from H264 to MJPEG, nothing changes.

With the Matrix frame in the Smart Client it runs perfectly.

I tryed even with the configuration "disconnect, then connect" even with "connect", it seems that the second one works better.

What can I try to do?
Justin
#2 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 3:19:35 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
The Matrix Monitor is discontinued unfortunately so the amount of help I can provide is quite limited, however we have recently seen the decoding for the Matrix Monitor is, in some cases, not able to handle more recent cameras, so this sounds like the issue in this case.

The usual reason for the behavior as you correctly state would be the device pack being in the incorrect location, however you seem to have that covered.

My advice would be to use the Matrix from the Smart Client and not the Matrix monitor.

Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Ivan
#3 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2014 3:57:35 PM(UTC)
Ivan

Thanks Justin.

The problem is that the customer wants a popup when a door opens. It seemed to be the solution but it doesn't work out
Cristiano
#4 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 3:40:16 PM(UTC)
Cristiano

I know the post is old, but i need a solution for pop-up display when some rule is set.

The smart client is not the solution because need to stay open to see the images.

A second question, have any way that in smart cliente the matrix window blink in red when accour a alarm? to alert the security-man?

Thanks in advance

Cristiano Lara

ps: xprotect corporate 2014 in a AD with 300cameras
Michael
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:19:47 AM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
how useless is it that you can now not actually post your issues anywhere... instead you have to send an email to milestone, and if you don't have wonderful expensive care they won't deal with you...

instead you are stuck dealing with all the useless partners yay!