Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Sergey
#1 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 5:49:38 PM(UTC)
Sergey

Hi!

I have 5 milestone xprotect professional 2013 8.5e systems and they are configured for sending camera failure email notifications, but only one server doing it and 4 another servers are not. They are configured the same way, and sends me test messages, so it is not firewall. How can I get my notifications works?
Justin
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:19:20 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
Well if the test email is working, my personal tack for debugging would be to trace port 25 traffic using something like wireshark on a none working server and see if the server is sending a mail out. If it is then you should be able to see the communication and any potential failure in the chatter.

Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
 1 user thanked Justin for this useful post.
Sergey on 8/12/2014(UTC)
Sergey
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:58:37 PM(UTC)
Sergey

Originally Posted by: Justin Go to Quoted Post
Well if the test email is working, my personal tack for debugging would be to trace port 25 traffic using something like wireshark on a none working server and see if the server is sending a mail out. If it is then you should be able to see the communication and any potential failure in the chatter.

Thank you, Justin. I did what you advised. Server is not sending a mail out. So the problem is in windows firewall(I don't think so), or in milestone software (most likely).
Oman
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:00:38 PM(UTC)
Oman

Hi, I have Xprotect Professional 8.6d and I'm having a problem on Notification Email. When i Right Click the Email from Notification and click properties, it says " Communication with the notification service failed. Check the log files for details".The Notification Server services is started but my software still trial version and i want to test it before giving to the client. Do i need the license to activate this option? please help.
Thank you!
Martin
#5 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 7:40:24 PM(UTC)
Martin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
did you fix the issue??

do you by chance have EventServer installed on your 4 slaves as well ?
Ignacio
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 5:44:41 PM(UTC)
Ignacio

Im having a similar issue, but mine is not working at all. I have configured correctly the email notifications. I do have several printers using SMTP and all are sending emails correctly.

I try to send the test email and doesn't work. I have monitored the NIC with Wireshark while trying to send the notification and nothing comes out.

I also tried this, nothing happens.http://download.milestonesys.com/mtskb/s00755/setting%20up%20a%20local%20mail%20server%20guide.pdf

I think the software is doing nothing. My version is XProtect Professional 2016 R2