Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Joseph
#1 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 8:29:39 PM(UTC)
Joseph

I donloaded 915 mb file and had IT install it. Clicked on Milestone XProtect Management Application icon on Desktop and Milestone XProtect Go 2014 Management Application starts but then dialog box pops up and says: "Log in to Management Application" and asks for Authentication and Username and PW, but I have none. Not sure where to from here. Please help. Thank you
Joseph
#2 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 10:10:34 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Well, I solved that problem, and I feel a little stupid. But now, when I go to Add Hardware, I enter the IP address manually and it says "Unable to connect" ?? I know its online I can see it with my browser??
Justin
#3 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 10:11:26 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
Not sure if you've gone through the list butwe have the below KB that is reasonably relative.

http://www.milestonesys....base/?articleNo=00000307
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Joseph
#4 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 3:44:05 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Justin,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was able to log in using the root and PW. I configured all 3 cameras, but now I am getting "Port In use: The Image Server service cannot start because port 80 is used by another process. Change the port in order for the Image Server service to be able to run"

I was looking at the images with my browser but shut that down, restarted Milestone and still received the same message.

Thank you,

Joe
Justin
#5 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 4:23:27 PM(UTC)
Justin

ah sounds like "something else" has come up on port 80, if you go into the management application, server access and change the port to be port 81 then the image server should start.

Just remember to connect to the server using the server address <server address or name>:81 to specify the new port.

Alternately open a command prompt and run the command
netstat -nao | find ":80 "
This should list off the process ID of the process presently sitting on port 80. You can then find the process by matching the PID of in task manager.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Joseph
#6 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 6:08:53 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Justin,

Thank you. I changed the port to 81 and when I go to Services, it says Image Server services has Started, but I thought I would the see a screen that showed all three images. Maybe I am looking fo rthe wrong thing, but I was sort of expecting a display like a security guard would see that allowed me to monitor all of my cmaeras and then select one that would give me a larger image if I wanted to inspect something closer.

Am I using the wrong software?

Thank you,

Joe
Torsten
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:33:44 AM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
In order to see the actual camera videos, you must fire up under the "Smart Client" :-)

When logging on: Please remember that you have changed the port number from "default" 80 to port 81. So, you must specify this in the SmartClient when logging on, e.g. "http://localhost:81".

Rgds,
Torsten
Joseph
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:39:23 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Torsten,

That worked! Thank you very much. Two quick questions. The images are not Live even though I have Live selected in upper left hand corner (they are old images) and images are extremmely pixelated. Just curipous if that can be fixed.

Thank you,

Joe
Michael
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:43:21 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Hi Joseph,

First, you need to have Administrative privileges for using the Management Application. (or "Run as Administrator").
The reason for images being pixellated and still in the Smart Client is either:
1) You are in Playback mode, not Live. Choose this in the top menu.
2) Cameras are streaming in an unknown or incorrect format to the Recording Server.

If still having problems adding or viewing video from devices, please try these:

a) Ensure that the camera/device is supported by Milestone XProtect software. You can review the supported hardware list here: http://www.milestonesys....pport/supportedhardware/

b) Check that you have the latest Milestone Device Pack installed. This is done from Windows Control panel “Add or remove programs”. The Device Pack is a collection of hardware device drivers that Milestone bundles with XProtect software. Having the latest Device Pack ensures that you have the most robust drivers available and includes access to newly supported hardware devices. It can be downloaded from http://www.milestonesys....ort/Self-Help/downloads/

c) Ensure the camera/device is online and available over your network. From the recording server computer, you should be able to PING the camera's IP address and also visit its web management interface in a web browser. If the device is listening on a special port number, you should know what this is and be able to specify it in the connection address.

d) Check that you can pass the camera's authentication process. When installing devices, you should have Administrator access to all parts of the cameras web management interface.

e) Make sure the cameras date, time and time zone are set correctly and match with the server. If possible, setup the camera to synchronize time with a local NTP (Network Time Provider).

f) Try manually selecting the camera/device from the drop down menu, instead of auto detecting. If you’re using XProtect Enterprise, Professional, Express, Essential, or Go, try using the username <default> and then the camera password. Username <default> is more likely to work. Also please confirm that you entered the correct camera credentials by checking on the cameras web interface. In rare occasions or on older XProtect editions, you need to type “username:password”, example "root:pass" (without quotes) into the username field.

g) A very important thing: does the camera have a supported version of firmware installed? Please check on our website under supported hardware and pay attention to the Firmware version. It is essential that you install the supported firmware version in the camera, as this is the version that has been tested and approved. (The latest camera manufactures firmware is not necessarily the version we support)

h) Do you have a FIREWALL running? Are you on a home network or corporate network? There could be either a corporate or local (Windows) firewall blocking necessary ports. As a general troubleshooting step, consider disabling the Firewall and any 3rd party security software. You can obtain a list of PORTS that need to be open on our website, by selecting the release notes or manual for your specific version of software.

i) If possible (particularly when adding ONVIF, PSIA compliant devices or using the Universal driver), start with a basic JPEG, low-resolution profile in the camera Properties, before changing to more advanced profiles.

j) In some cases, you may have to switch off the audio features from the Camera web page. The Milestone Recording Server do not support all audio-codecs. The G.711 is recommended, and other G.xxx or AAC may be supported, but this is device specific. Start with no-audio for testing or troubleshooting.

k) Finally, you might try restarting or even factory-resetting the camera.
If you have accounted for all of this, and you still are not able to add the device, you may need to raise a ticket with Milestone Support to further investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
Joseph
#10 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 10:18:41 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Michael,

Thank you for your reply. When I start Xprotect Go, the images are static and terribly pixelated. The only way to get a Live image is to start recording and then it is still very pixelated.

Here are my repsonses to your questions:
1) Yes, I am in Live mode.
2) ? Not sure what camera is streaming but it is a Canon VB-M40. Browser image is very sharp.
a) Yes, it is Canon VB-M40
b) Yes, downloaded from web and loaded. It i in Programs.
c) Yes, can view thru browser just fine.
d) Yes, I am admin
e) Well this may be an issue. Whithin +/- 5 minutes.
f) It wouldn't detect camera automatically. I entered cameras IP addresses manually.
g) Firmware Version is 1.1.1 Canon VB-M40
h) Corporate network, not sure I can change firewall
i) ?
j) No audio
k) Tried that, still no joy.

Would appreciate any advice you could give.

Thank you,

Joe

Edited by user Saturday, August 23, 2014 4:43:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Justin
#11 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 11:23:10 AM(UTC)
Justin

I presume they are not pixilated in the Management Application?
Have you tried changing the camera settings to see if any change occurs (In the management application right click on the camera and select properties)? This should also be where you can change the streaming mode, resolution and feed type (JPG, H264,MPEG4).
Kind regards

Justin

Joseph
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 4:16:29 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Justin,

Yes, you are correct, they are not pixelated in Management Application. And I just noticed I keep saying XProtect Go images are frozen and pixelated, but I really meant XProtect Smart Client. The 3 images are still very pixelated and oddly enough Camera1 is now live,, but Camera 2 and 3 are still frozen??

Thank you for your help,

Joe
Torsten
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:02:08 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Joseph,

are you at all certain that your cameras are fit for purpose?

What types of cam do you have? Pls. check if XProtect supports them:
http://www.milestonesys.com/Support/Technical-Support/supportedhardware/allotherxprotectproducts/

Also check the firmware of the cams, it is essential.

Also, try to exit the Management Application while watching Live Video. After all, both the Management Application and the Recording Server pull a video stream from the cam, and some cams are unable to provide two streams in the desired resolution at a time.

Regards,
Torsten
Joseph
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:14:48 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Thanks Torsten, Yes, all three cameras are Canon VB-M40. All three have Firmware Version 1.1.1. I do not watch video from Management Application and Smart Client at the same time. It is either or. Mangement Application is nice and clear. Smart Client is pixelated and frozen (except Camera 1 is live strem albeit pixelated).

It's probably something I am doing wrong, but I'm not sure what. Incidently, the RM-Lite software that came with cameras is showing image fine (Camera 1 is a little pixelated but not bad at all)and browser images are great.

Thank you for your help.

Joe
Torsten
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:33:26 PM(UTC)
Torsten

You cannot compare Management Application and Recording Server (that's the one that pulls the video from the cam on behalf of the SmartClient), the use different URLs on the cam.

Try to play with the stream settings and see if you can find one setting that works.

Torsten
 1 user thanked Torsten for this useful post.
Joseph on 9/23/2014(UTC)
Joseph
#16 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 6:15:49 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Ok, Torsten, thank you for your advice. I have solved the issues I had before and all 3 VB-M40 cameras are working fine, with the exception of low data transmission rates. Network is 100M but in looking at the SW that came with the cameras, I am only getting about 3 frams/sec when I am set at 30, so consequently the video is pretty jerky. I will continue to work that with our IT folks, but my new problem now is that I am trying to set up a 4th camera which is a VB-C300.

In the Management Application, I go to Getting Started and select add Hardware. I enter the IP mannually, enter user name and password, tell it to auto-detect and it connects to the camera, says it found a VB-C300 and that it is connected. Camera 4 then shows up in my Camera and Storage Information on the left, however when I click on Camera 4 and the Camer Settings Summary comes up, it searches for the camera but then says "Connection error on "Camera 4" and I can't get an image.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Joe
Joseph
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:19:27 PM(UTC)
Joseph

Thank you all for your advice. I have solved the issues I had before and all 3 VB-M40 cameras are working fine, with the exception of low data transmission rates. Network is 100M but in looking at the SW that came with the cameras, I am only getting about 3 frams/sec when I am set at 30, so consequently the video is pretty jerky. I will continue to work that with our IT folks, but my new problem now is that I am trying to set up a 4th camera which is a VB-C300.

In the Management Application, I go to Getting Started and select add Hardware. I enter the IP mannually, enter user name and password, tell it to auto-detect and it connects to the camera, says it found a VB-C300 and that it is connected. Camera 4 then shows up in my Camera and Storage Information on the left, however when I click on Camera 4 and the Camer Settings Summary comes up, it searches for the camera but then says "Connection error on "Camera 4" and I can't get an image.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Joe
Mahdi
#18 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 6:48:15 PM(UTC)
Mahdi

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all,

I have a question about the Login Mask on the Milestone XProtect Go 2014:

I start the Application in the Administrator mode.
When they ask me about a User an Password.
But all three options dosn´t work:
Windows Authentication
Windows Authentication (current user)
Basic Authentication

Can someone help me which user i must used for the Log In mask?

Thank you!

Workaround for Windows 10:
Using the Registry Editor, find the specified location:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

Add these two entries and restart the machine:

RegisteredOwner = someOwnerNameText
RegisteredOrganization = someOrgNameText

so my problem are solved with this workaround

Edited by user Sunday, December 27, 2015 2:46:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Workaround for Windows 10.doc (212kb) downloaded 30 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
 1 user thanked Mahdi for this useful post.
Paul on 2/8/2016(UTC)
Brian
#19 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 4:49:40 AM(UTC)
Brian

I am unable to get into the Management Application on Win10Pro even after making this registry change. My account is an admin account on the box.

As well as running secpol.msc and playing with some admin properties, and lusrmgr.msc to make sure my account was in the Admin group, which it is. There are only 2 accounts on this machine, mine and the baked in Admin, which I also enabled and tried to login with, to no avail. I also set passwords for both my main account and admin accounts (typically my main account has no password) so I could try to force it to accept valid credentials, but this still did not work. I do not have a microsoft account linked to this computer (that is by choice) - but I wonder if this may be part of the issue? I also took the steps to create a new account (not require to change pw at login), add it to the admin group, and try to use that to login - but that also failed.

I downloaded the app on my work computer (Win 8.1) and it opened right up, didn't ask for any login information, and found my cameras. I have been banging my head against the keyboard for a couple of hours trying to figure it out, but I just can't get the app to open up without asking me to login, and then me failing to actually login.

I have looked through the forums and knowledgebase, but everything seems to point to this link as the solution, or the one at this link (https://force.milestonesys.com/support/MccSupportCommunity#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_SEARCH_RESULT&id=kA4200000008cr6), both of which I've tried.

Does anybody have any other ideas of places I should be looking to make sure I have adequate permissions? I did disable UAC on my last journey through secpol but that doesn't seem to have helped any.
Brian
#20 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 5:48:36 AM(UTC)
Brian

For whatever reason, uninstalling the app completely, restarting, and reinstalling seems to have allowed me into the management application. I assume this just kinda forced the reg keys to be recognized? I'm not sure, but glad to be playing around with this software on my personal (not work!) computer!