Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kevin
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:59:49 PM(UTC)
Kevin

I am having 2 problems. First, I cannot change the number of days to keep footage. It's locked on 5 days.

MY MAIN issue is I am unable to export. It just exports for 24-48 hours and I get nothing. My codec export options are:

Microsoft RLE
Microsoft Video 1
Microsoft YUV
Intel IYUV
XVid MPEG-4

There isn't an option to export into the Milestone format, which might be the case with this version. I've tried different codec settings, specifically on the XVid codec....NOTHING. This is a 2 hour time span and I am exporting to a USB drive. I am about to LOOSE my evidence.
Christian
#2 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2014 11:21:58 AM(UTC)
Christian

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Dear Kevin,

As there are limits to the sizes of AVI files - then do you think you might be hitting any limits when attempting to export the 2 hours?
If you are then the simple solution would be to export in smaller chunks e.g. 2, 1 hour chunks or similar.

And are you sure this USB disk is "stable" when doing exports that take this long - have you tried, as a test, to export e.g. 10 minutes of footage - and did that work?

And as a last resort, and depending on what Smart client version you are running, then you might have the Smart Client Player (SmartClient-Player.exe) application in C:\Program Files\Milestone\XProtect Smart Client\

If you have then you could try and run this and then Manually connect it to the video database.

This does come with a WARNING: Do not attempt to open a live database or live archive—this can damage your system.
So I suggest you temporarily stop the Recording Server before attempting this, then it should be safe as it is not "live".

Once the Smart Client Player is loaded - hit F1 for help and instructions on how to connect it to your system.
Then when you have the desired camera databases opened, and have added them to a view, then switch the "Player" out of "Setup" mode - now you should be able to work the cameras and attempt Exports.

Kind Regards

Christian

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of useful posts.
cory
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:20:17 PM(UTC)
cory

Originally Posted by: Kevin Go to Quoted Post

MY MAIN issue is I am unable to export. It just exports for 24-48 hours and I get nothing. My codec export options are:

Microsoft RLE
Microsoft Video 1
Microsoft YUV
Intel IYUV
XVid MPEG-4

There isn't an option to export into the Milestone format, which might be the case with this version.

similar question about the formats, i only have the first 4 options available.... in the settings i have enable "xprotect format", but i don't see it listed. i'm just trying to ensure mkv/original stream format. i do not get anything that says "mkv, or xprotect. is one of the top 4 formats capable of doing the mkv?

i can hover export just fine using iyuv to AVI... i'm using a registered "go" license.

much thanks on any leads on how to enable the mkv export.

Edited by user Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:21:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Justin
#4 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 12:00:56 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
mkv and XProtect database export are not available in GO.
http://www.milestonesys....llance/xprotectproducts/
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.