Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bob
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 10:03:17 PM(UTC)
Bob

On the Playback tab is there any way of adding a video from another source to play alongside the cameras? I can't figure out if this is possible.

Thanks.
Michael
#2 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 11:00:21 AM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Hi Bob,

No, this is not directly possible. The Smart Client can only playback/stream/search etc. sources added thru the Management Application. Possibly you can add the "other source" using the DirectShow driver.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
Bob
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 4:30:14 AM(UTC)
Bob

Originally Posted by: Michael Go to Quoted Post
The Smart Client can only playback/stream/search etc. sources added thru the Management Application. Possibly you can add the "other source" using the DirectShow driver.

If I have an app that generates a video can I add that to the Management Application?
Torsten
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:56:37 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Well,

you can actually add a HTTP URL directly to the SmartClient... The SmartClient has a built-in web browser which can render HTML-pages. But take care, the built-in browser is rather ancient (probably corresponding to IE6), so it might not be able to render all pages.

As I got curious, I have just added an entire Axis P5532 to my SmartClient via the URL of the cam. Worked :-)

If you can find the URL of the stream of your camera, you might even be able to get a video without all the cameras menus etc.

Good luck!
Torsten