Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tomasz
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:21:31 PM(UTC)
Tomasz

Hello,

client has Express 2014 (8.6c) + Transact 2.5i.
After install, service is running well. We could add new source (TCP client) which has status "Running".
Default port of source is 5001, Transact port is 9001, protocol http.

Manual doesn't say anything about adding transact to Express. I think we should add Transact server and then connect data to camera at Smart Client.
At Management Application there is no possibility to add server whatsover.
When I checked status of services, Event Server service is stopped and put in constant restart.

I tried to stop transact service and then runing Event Server, but it doesn't work.
How we should properly install Transact?
What else need to be done?
Michael
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 19, 2014 2:33:12 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Basically it should be installed on the XProtect "main" Server. The "MilestoneXProtectTransact_Administrators_Getting_Started_Guide_en-US.pdf" on p. 10 describes how to install. I recommend using the built-in SQL Express 2005, but you should be able to use the SQL 2008 also.

The Transact Server will not appear in the Management Application or Management Client (Corporate), but uses it's own Control panel application from the Windows System Tray icon. And the Smart Client communicates with the Transact Server directly.

If necessary I will recommend creating a Support issue with the Milestone Partner Support.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support