Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alan
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 3:26:01 AM(UTC)
Alan

Its easy to add new cameras but I can't find any way to remove one.

I have one camera that is acting strangely with what looks like low color resolution. It looks like a paint by numbers picture, so I want to replace it with another brand.

I also added an axis 241Q which some milestone note said that the 4 channel analog to ip converter would only use one license. I added it and it added two cameras to my 6 and said the other two were not available. I only wanted to use the converter for one old analog camera, not four, or at least not waste three possible real camera spots. I'm going to upgrade to a licensed version soon, so does it work differently there? For using Go, if it will only act like 4 cameras, how do I remove it completely?
Justin
#2 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 11:20:34 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
You disable each camera you do not want to use and then you have the option to "hide" the camera.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Alan
#3 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 8:34:11 PM(UTC)
Alan

I can not find any option to "hide" a camera. How do I get to it? The word "hide" does not imply that it removes the license. I can remove that camera from a pane by clicking on the X in the upper right of the pane, but the management application still says I have 8 licenses and so I cannot license a new camera.
Justin
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 11:23:00 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
When you say "from a pane" I presume you are talking about the Smart Client?
The options I am talking about are in the Management application.
I've attached a screenshot which hopefully will make things a little clearer.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 7, 2015 11:23:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Justin attached the following image(s):
disable camera.jpg (28kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
 1 user thanked Justin for this useful post.
Alan on 1/7/2015(UTC)