Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:40:26 PM(UTC)
Alan

I'm now upgrading to the purchased Xprotect Essentials. To make a clean new download I first uninstalled all Milestone software using the control panel. I then downloaded and installed Essentials. When adding the cameras it said for some, but not all of the cameras that they were already installed. Two of the cameras that I had installed before said that they could not be added as if they weren't in the Milestone list of acceptable cameras. When I went to the client, it already looked like what I had in Go with all of my previous cameras in the same panes including the two that said they could not be added. Since I had added two more new cameras during the Management application, they did not show up in the camera list in the client. I went back to the management application and used the disable and hide to get rid of the offending camera that I wanted to get rid of in Go. The list then got one longer and included one of my two new cameras thus limiting me to 8 cameras like in go. I also tried to change the storage time from 5 days to 14 and it would not save that. So it is acting like it is Go. It does say Essentials in the Management application. Is this the way the trial version is supposed to work? Will it change when I get my emailed Essential and camera licenses?
Justin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 8:01:05 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
Hi Alan,

You are correct the trial does behave allot like the GO version, once you get your full license you will be able to change the values that are presently limited.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.