Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dirk
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:58:42 PM(UTC)
Dirk

Hi,

( actually I confused express with expert versin : we have express so I will repost into express forum )
I'm trying to add a brand new hikvision fisheye camera DS-2CD6362F-I to our express installation.
With automatic scan , the device is detected, the driver found is hikvisionfisheye, the status is connected. But when hitting next , it says '0 device(s) have been succesfully added'.
Manually it's the same, detected and connected. The title says 'verification process completed' but the 'next' button is not available and the status line says '0 of 1 device will be added to your system'.
The camera is working ok through browser access and is in factory device settings mode.

I see this camera has 5 ( virtual ? ) cameras ( channels ) available through the browser access ( 1 fisheye / 1 panoramic / and 3 PTZ cameras ) on the main stream. Not sure how this is handled by milestone expert.

The camera is listed on supported hardware with correct camera firmware and milestone device pack / server version .
( firmware v5.0.9 build 140916 / device pack 7.7 / Milestone xprotect xpress 8.6a build 241983 )

The mac address of the camera is not mentioned already somewhere in the configuration.xml file. Also tried with firewall
disabled.

The three previous hikvision cameras ( bullets ) got detected and installed without any issue.

Any tips or tricks are welcome. I really need to get this (expensive) camera going....

Regards
Dirk
Edited by user less than a minute ago | Reason: Not specified
Bo
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:50:12 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Try to restart or reset the camera to factory defaults (except IP) and retry.
Check if the firmware versions fits the supported version: v5.0.9
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
Dirk
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 6:14:24 PM(UTC)
Dirk

Hi Bo,

I just reset and rebooted the camera ( except IP ) and retried but the result is the same.
The wizard end with '1 device found' and listing it correctly ( with driver 'fisheyeHikvision' ), but below the list it says '0 of 1 device will be added to your system'.

The firmware of the camera is V5.0.9. The device pack of milestone express is 7.7.

For your information -- if it helps :
1)First i tried this with still the initial device pack 7.3 active. Then it also found the camera and proposed it with driver hikvision8x3. And then also the same result 'no device added'.
Then I downloaded and installed device pack 7.7. Now it finds the camera with the new driver 'fisheyeHikvision' but it still doesn't add it....

2)I have not yet added a license for the new camera ( I think this is done afterwards correct ? ). On the overview screen it says 'Your are using 3 out of 3 hardware licenses'

regards
Dirk
Dirk attached the following image(s):
AddHardware.PNG (31kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Torsten
#4 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 4:34:12 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Dirk,

Quote:
I have not yet added a license for the new camera ( I think this is done afterwards correct ? )

Once the installation is licensed, you cannot add more device than you have licenses. You will have to add a device license to the base license, then activate the base license (online or offline), then you can add the camera.

Rgds,
Torsten

Edited by user Friday, January 16, 2015 4:39:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Torsten for this useful post.
Dirk on 1/20/2015(UTC)
Dirk
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:10:40 PM(UTC)
Dirk

Hi Torsten,

As you suggested I first purchased and activated more camera licences. Now the camera was added without any issue...
So we could consider this as a 'beginners error'. But it would have been nice that system indicated somehow that the error was due to missing licenses. Now it just refused adding the camera without any further indication.

Thanks for your assistance,

Regards
Dirk
Torsten
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:10:39 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Dirk,

I will bring this to the attention of someone in Milestone.

Good luck with learning XProtect :-)

Regards,
Torsten
Tony
#7 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 4:48:54 AM(UTC)
Tony

I am experiencing the same issue the the DS-6704HWI Encoder. Isn't there a 25 day grace period to activate a license for a new device? As stated above it would be nice to get an error message that guides you in the right direction.

Regards,
Tony