Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alejandro
#1 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 3:01:58 AM(UTC)
Alejandro

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade an XProtect Go v2.5 server because apparently the online license generator only generates licenses for the newer version.

Now, the links I´ve found on the website

Quote:
http://www.milestonesys.com/support/download-software/
http://www.milestonesys....k-You-Pages/XProtect-Go/

are for a "MilestoneXProtectProfessionalVMS_installer_x64.exe" file, and when I run that installer it detects my Go 2013 instance, accepts my new Go license, but then says it can upgrade my Go instance to a Pro one (either trial or licenced) and not upgrade it from v2013 to v2014 as expected.

Furthermore, I just realized I also have this installer named "MilestoneXProtectProfessionalVMSDriverInstaller.exe" which I guess is what I got as the Device Pack 7.7, but I wonder if it´s the right version?

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Alex.

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:02:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Subject change | Flag as Solved

-- Alejandro.
Michael
#2 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 12:00:30 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Hi Alex,

The free XProtect Go only allows for downloading and installing the latest (2014) version.
If you have the 2013-version (or earlier) installed, it will simply upgrade this.
The entire XProtect Professional portfolio is 64-bits only since 2013.

And yes, the "MilestoneXProtectProfessionalVMSDriverInstaller.exe" is the Device Pack for the XProtect Professional portfolio, which includes the Go.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
Alejandro
#3 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 8:24:07 PM(UTC)
Alejandro

Hi Michael,

I´m sorry but I am not sure I understand.

Quote:
The free XProtect Go only allows for downloading and installing the latest (2014) version.

The file "MilestoneXProtectProfessionalVMS_installer_x64.exe" is what I get through either the direct link or the filtered list in the pages I quoted earlier.

The file name includes 'professionalVMS', there is no "Go" installer that I could find, and the installer prompts me to install the Pro version, not to upgrade my Go 2013 to Go 2014.

Do I have the right installer at all?

Quote:
If you have the 2013-version (or earlier) installed, it will simply upgrade this.

Upgrade as in "a newer version on the same edition" or as in "a superior edition" (Pro instead of Go)?
Why is it prompting me to install a Pro edition?

Quote:

Yes, my current Go 2013 and OS are x64 bit already.

Thanks in advance.
Alex.
-- Alejandro.
Erik
#4 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 6:59:19 AM(UTC)
Erik

Originally Posted by: Alejandro Go to Quoted Post
Hi Michael,

I´m sorry but I am not sure I understand.

Quote:

The file "MilestoneXProtectProfessionalVMS_installer_x64.exe" is what I get through either the direct link or the filtered list in the pages I quoted earlier.

The file name includes 'professionalVMS', there is no "Go" installer that I could find, and the installer prompts me to install the Pro version, not to upgrade my Go 2013 to Go 2014.

Do I have the right installer at all?

Quote:

Upgrade as in "a newer version on the same edition" or as in "a superior edition" (Pro instead of Go)?
Why is it prompting me to install a Pro edition?

Quote:

Yes, my current Go 2013 and OS are x64 bit already.

Thanks in advance.
Alex.

I am having the same issue. I downloaded what I thought was XProtect GO but the system thinks its XProtect Professional. I am thinking this is a link issue on the download page. However all links are pointing to the same cloud based file for the XProtect Professional ? Help please Milestone. Thanks,
Alejandro
#5 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 5:39:54 AM(UTC)
Alejandro

So, a week has passed since my original post and it seems I'm not the only one with the problem.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Our Cam system has gone offline, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-- Alejandro.
Devin
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:31:56 PM(UTC)
Devin

Has anybody found a download link for XProtect Go? The link at http://www.milestonesys....-you-pages/xprotect-go/ downloads Professional and not Go...
Devin
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:52:26 PM(UTC)
Devin

Ah I just found the last post of this thread which answers my question...
http://forum.milestonesy...ail-after-GO-issue.aspx
Alejandro
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:43:21 PM(UTC)
Alejandro

Yes, as that post says, the installers goes through and installs the Go 2014 version.

My install was upgraded fine.

Basically it comes down proceed with the installer even if the name is not as expected and the dialogs are a bit confusing about what version it will install.

Also, when I imported my new 2014 Go licence file it said something comfiusing about whether or not it was accepted and upgrading to the Go version.

I did have to import the new licence *after* the upgrade, apparently it wasn´t accepted during the install and the online request didn´t get one either.

But eventually the installer goes through and you end up with a Go 2014 version and your settings and cameras are there :)

Regards.

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:00:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarifications

-- Alejandro.