Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

William
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 9:04:51 PM(UTC)
William

We are developing a product that will communicate with multiple cameras and IO devices. Milestone will only communicate with our device. It will communicate only with ONVIF. Milestone will not talk with the devices attached to our device.

Our devices is at IP Address 192.168.10.90. At this IP address we have four attached devices:
- Port 80: IO Device
- Port 81: IO Device
- Port 90: Camera
- Port 91: Camera

When I run the Add Hardware wizard in Milestone and have it scan the local network for products, only one of the devices are discovered.

If I Manually Specify the Hardware to Add using the Onvif Conformant Device driver, only one of the devices are discovered. The one device found this way has a "connected" note by it. The other three devices has an "Already Added" note. (Note: While the note says 'already added' this device is not currently in the hardware listed.)

Using wireshark, I walked through the messages sent between Milestone and our device. As expected we see one discovery message on the discovery port from Milestone. We send a Probe Match message for each of the devices connected to us. Each Probe Match message is similar to the one below. Each message contains a different port in the xAddr. Each message contains slightly different Scopes based on the name of the device (e.g. "Cam_1","Cam_2").

<d:Scopes>onvif://www.onvif.org/Profile/Streaming onvif://www.onvif.org/hardware/Pivotal_Vision-Cam_1 onvif://www.onvif.org/location/office onvif://www.onvif.org/name/Pivotal_Vision-Cam_1 onvif://www.onvif.org/type/Network_Video_Transmitter onvif://www.onvif.org/type/ptz onvif://www.onvif.org/type/video_encoder </d:Scopes>
<d:XAddrs>http://192.168.10.90:90/onvif/device_service</d:XAddrs>

After discovery, Milestone then sends a series of ONVIF messages as described below. Note that the Port number listed below is the recieve port on messages coming to our device and the trasmit port on response messages from our device.

ID Port ONVIF Message
4618 - 90 - GetServices
4634 - 90 - GetServicesResponse
4647 - 90 - GetCapabilities
4667 - 90 - GetCapabilitiesResponse
4687 - 90 - GetNetworkInterfaces
5012 - 90 - GetNetworkInterfacesResponse
5043 - 90 - GetDeviceInformation
5055 - 90 - GetDeviceInformationResponse

5135 - 91 - GetServices
5169 - 91 - GetServicesResponse
5185 - 91 - GetCapabilities
5200 - 91 - GetCapabilitiesResponse

5255 - 80 - GetServices
5256 - 80 - GetServicesResponse
5284 - 80 - GetCapabilities
5288 - 80 - GetCapabilitiesResponse

5347 - 81 - GetServices
5358 - 81 - GetServicesResponse
5370 - 80 - GetCapabilities
5373 - 81 - GetCapabilitiesResponse

The messaging sequence appears to be correct between the devices. I've disabled security/authorization on my side so that shouldn't be an issue. I've also disabled the Windows firewall and added rules to allow all input/output ports. I've tried using a variety of ports, including ones in higher ranges.

ONVIF Device Tool version 14.06 can discover and communicate the with the four devices using our device.
The same is true for the ONVIF Device Manager (ODM) version 2.2.250.

I wasn't able to resolve this after searching for similar posts. If there is any existing post that resolves this for me please let me know and sorry I missed it.

Has anyone had this problem?
Any ideas what might be problem?

I have Wireshark traces available if needed and am happy to post any additional information.

Torsten
#2 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 1:41:06 AM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
William,

to be frank: I am not at all sure that the Milestone ONVIF driver can handle multiple device on same IP (and MAC), just with different port numbers.

Keep in mind that one of the fundamental design elements in Milestone is that devices are distingished by their MAC adress, not by IP or port. And since this is the foundation for licensing, I don't think you can expect any changes there.

But why don't you change your device so that it behaves like an encoder? Milestone has a driver for 16 channel ONVIF encoders, that might help you.

Torsten
Torsten
#3 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 12:45:33 PM(UTC)
Torsten

William,

it might help to contact the Camera Partner Program team at partner@milestone.dk and discuss it with them.

Rgds,
Torsten
 1 user thanked Torsten for this useful post.
William on 3/16/2015(UTC)
William
#4 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 10:32:44 PM(UTC)
William

My company is already a partner (180168).

I was told to use the following email for support: support@milestone.us

I sent an email regarding this topic to the email you posted above. Hopefully I get a response or a contact to respond.
William
#5 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 10:39:40 PM(UTC)
William

Originally Posted by: Torsten Go to Quoted Post
William,
But why don't you change your device so that it behaves like an encoder? Milestone has a driver for 16 channel ONVIF encoders, that might help you.
Torsten

Thanks.

We intend for our device (when finished) to provide the following features using only ONVIF:
- Events
- Video
- Camera configuration
- PTZ control
- IO Devices

Will the Encoder driver support this?

Torsten
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:08:04 PM(UTC)
Torsten

William,

Quote:
My company is already a partner (180168).

I was told to use the following email for support: support@milestone.us

I sent an email regarding this topic to the email you posted above. Hopefully I get a response or a contact to respond.

I am afraid the above information is not quite correct. support@milestone.us is the ordinary technical post-sales support and they only support, well, installations with supported devices.

The only place where you can expect some form of help is the Camera Partner Program (partner@milestone.dk).

Rgds,
Torsten
William
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:31:37 PM(UTC)
William

Originally Posted by: Torsten Go to Quoted Post
William,

Torsten

What needs to be sent in the probe response to be seen as the ONVIF Complicant Device (2-16 channels)?