Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ken
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:46:52 PM(UTC)
Ken

My 2013 go license was due to expire, so I wanted to re-register. I received a new license after some errors trying to follow the link from GO (Page not found). New license started with 1D6. Trying to import the new license did not work. I found out that all new licenses were for 2014 version. So I attempted to install the 2014 version, when I run that installer it detects my Go 2013 instance, accepts my new Go license. During installation I receive the "System Error has occurred" message. "Milestone Xprotect Event Server 3.3D: Error installing database".

Not sure what to do at this point and we are not recording any cameras now. I appreciate any assistance.

Reviewing the log, it shows the following error:
3/17/2015 12:19:30 PM Information Error installing database. Please refer to the log to get more information on the error.
3/17/2015 12:19:33 PM Critical An error occurred. Error details: '1603'
3/17/2015 12:19:33 PM Error An error occurred: 'Milestone XProtect Event Server 3.3d: Error installing database. Please refer to the log to get more information on the error.'. Error details:
3/17/2015 12:19:33 PM Information Last error: {0}
3/17/2015 12:19:33 PM Error An error occurred: 'Milestone XProtect Event Server 3.3d: Error installing database. Please refer to the log to get more information on the error.'. Error details:
3/17/2015 12:19:33 PM Error Install failed.VideoOS.Installer.Sequencer.ErrorHandling.InstallerSequencerException: Milestone XProtect Event Server 3.3d: Error installing database. Please refer to the log to get more information on the error.

Server stack trace:
at VideoOS.Installer.Sequencer.SequenceManager.Install()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at VideoOS.Installer.Sequencer.SequenceManager.BeginInstallDelegate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at VideoOS.Installer.UI.WizardPageInstall.InstallationEnded(IAsyncResult ar)

3/17/2015 12:19:39 PM Error An error occurred: 'Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VideoOS\q9PesU9JqM\IISProduct\Product.xml'.'. Error details: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)
at VideoOS.Installer.Configuration.InstallerConfigManager.LoadProduct(String filename)
at VideoOS.Installer.Configuration.InstallerConfigManager.LoadInstallerPrerequisiteXml(InstallerConfig installerConfig)
3/17/2015 12:19:39 PM Information Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VideoOS\q9PesU9JqM\Suptools\Product.xml...
3/17/2015 12:19:39 PM Error An error occurred: 'Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VideoOS\q9PesU9JqM\Suptools\Product.xml'.'. Error details: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)
at VideoOS.Installer.Configuration.InstallerConfigManager.LoadProduct(String filename)
at VideoOS.Installer.Configuration.InstallerConfigManager.LoadInstallerPrerequisiteXml(InstallerConfig installerConfig)

Bo
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:44:21 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Try to do a new license for Go 2014, if the installer understood it was GO it should not install the Event Server which will install a SQL.
The error 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VideoOS\q9PesU9JqM\IISProduct\Product.xml' would normally indicate that you do have the right privileges.
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
Devin
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:25:15 PM(UTC)
Devin

I am in a very similar situation. I have Go 2013, new license didn't work, so now I need to upgrade. When I use the form at http://www.milestonesys....ect-free-trial-download/ to produce an XProtect Go download link, it brings me to http://www.milestonesys....k-you-pages/xprotect-go/ and then the download button always makes me download:

MilestoneXProtectProfessionalVMS_installer_x64.exe

But I don't think that is XProtect Go (filename implies it is Professional). Ken - is this the installer which you are using as well? Could this be related to the issue you are experiencing? If not, how did you find the correct download link?

Thanks
Devin
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:19:35 PM(UTC)
Devin

Ah I found the last post of this thread which answers my question:
http://forum.milestonesy...nd-Player.aspx#post55916
I went ahead and upgraded and did not run into the same problem you did, Ken. Sorry to distract in your thread. Good luck.
Ken
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:04:08 PM(UTC)
Ken

Bo - Thanks for your suggestion. I received another license from Milestone. I tried to re-install Go 2014. I received the same error message. So I can't install 2014 GO.

Devin - Yes I am having the same issue. I have installed other licenses and have even been able to switch back and forth between two different licenses in the training class. So I can see that the License tells the software what to turn on.

Any other suggestions would be helpful

Thanks you in advance.
Bo
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:14:31 AM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Try to do a custom install and deselect the Event Server (Event Server is not needed in Go). Does it install then?
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
 1 user thanked Bo for this useful post.
Ken on 4/1/2015(UTC)
Ken
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:25:05 PM(UTC)
Ken

Bo - Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the Manual installation. I'm not sure that it solved that issues, but I have another one.

"Milestone Recorder Server failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system"

I am logged in as the administrator on the PC.

I guess that I could better understand the issues if Go was not already installed on the machine. It seems to me that this should be a much simpler "upgrade" than it is.

Any advise on how to proceed is appreciated.

Regards,

Ken
Ken
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:32:42 PM(UTC)
Ken

Ok - I give up. I installed Go on another PC (one that had never had Milestone on it before) using the same license I had received above. No problems with the license or the installation.