Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mattias
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:07:53 PM(UTC)
Mattias

Hello everyone,

A while back I had a support case in which the Milestone employee did something to our smartclient.

He configured it to show the amount of FPS on the top side of the video stream.

For a new problem with another system I wanted to recreate this, but so far I have been unsuccessful.

I suspect its a parameter that needs to be changed in smartclient.exe.config?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

EDIT: I know I can do it from most camera webpages, but what I'm looking for is a sort of overlay of the smartclient itself.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:09:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bo
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:54:19 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Problems with uneven streams in the Smart Client can be caused by several things.

Network limitations can cause fewer frames to be received than there is recorded on the Server.
Overworked CPU's can cause fewer frames to be decoded than the Client PC is receiving.
Graphics cards can perhaps not update fast enough causing fewer frames to be shown than decoded.

To monitor what is going on at the Smart Client you can enable the Frame Status of each camera in the Live views.
There will be four values shown.
These values are from left to right: Displayed FPS / Decoded FPS (Received FPS / Actually Received FPS).

To enable this Status download this zip-file:
http://download.mileston...ForceFramerateStatus.zip

Run the file called Enable_ForceFramerateStatus.reg
This will enable the status.

To disable status run the file called disable_ForceFramerateStatus.reg
And please do so once debugging is done - as this feature will use extra resources on Smart Client workstation when enabled.
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
 2 users thanked Bo for this useful post.
Mattias on 3/18/2015(UTC), KEMAL on 5/29/2015(UTC)
Mattias
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:07:55 PM(UTC)
Mattias

Bo,

Thank you very much.
Even with my vague description you knew exactly what I was asking for.

Regards
Mattias
#4 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 4:31:03 PM(UTC)
Mattias

Originally Posted by: Bo Go to Quoted Post

To monitor what is going on at the Smart Client you can enable the Frame Status of each camera in the Live views.
These values are from left to right: Displayed FPS / Decoded FPS (Received FPS / Actually Received FPS).

Bo,

I have a follow-up question.

In our case we can see a difference between the Received FPS and the Actually Received FPS.

What is the difference between the two? And is it the amount of frames delivered from the camera to the recording server, or is it the amount of frames between the server and the smartclient?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Bo
#5 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 5:44:33 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Actually Received FPS is the number of frames that enters the decoder part of the ImageViewer component, Received FPS is the number of frames that comes from the server. You could say that the ImageViewer component has a queue where the images are received, so Received FPS is in to that queue, and Actually received FPS is out of that queue.
With an ImageViewer that is pressed on CPU or similar this is what you would expect, that the images are not taken out of the queue fast enough and some images are then just thrown away in that queue.
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
 1 user thanked Bo for this useful post.
Mattias on 3/20/2015(UTC)
Mattias
#6 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 6:20:25 PM(UTC)
Mattias

Bo,

Thanks for the great explanation.

We are seeing drops in the Actually Received FPS. This points to the ImageViewer not being able to handle the load.
When we attach a different camera, this problem is gone. Could this be related to that specific camera?

This brings us back to the beginning with our clients issues though, because we were thinking it was related to the type of switch we are using.

Best regards
KEMAL
#7 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 9:51:21 PM(UTC)
KEMAL

Originally Posted by: Bo Go to Quoted Post
Problems with uneven streams in the Smart Client can be caused by several things.

Network limitations can cause fewer frames to be received than there is recorded on the Server.
Overworked CPU's can cause fewer frames to be decoded than the Client PC is receiving.
Graphics cards can perhaps not update fast enough causing fewer frames to be shown than decoded.

To enable this Status download this zip-file:
http://download.mileston...ForceFramerateStatus.zip

Run the file called Enable_ForceFramerateStatus.reg
This will enable the status.

To disable status run the file called disable_ForceFramerateStatus.reg
And please do so once debugging is done - as this feature will use extra resources on Smart Client workstation when enabled.

How can I display bandwidth and resolution status on smart client as like that?