Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 3:57:45 PM(UTC)

Hello All,
I’m experiencing some problems with LPR module of Milestone Express we are currently evaluating.

1. After I create a new list “License plate match lists” I right click on “properties” and Milestone shows me an error message Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error attempt to continue.”
2. When a correct registration plate is detected and registered in Smart Client, time of detection is shifted forward sometime between 20 and 30 seconds. For example: LPR client shows me a detected plate at 11:30:00, but when I play recorded sequence the car passed at 11:29:30 and there is no recording at 11:30:00 at all.

Our server specification:
Milestone XProtect Express 2014 version 8.6a Build: 241983
LPR server: Milestone XProtect LPR 2.0a (241)
Both servers (LPR and Records) run one physically server.
MS .NET Freamwork 4.5.2
MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
CPU: 2 Xeon E5420 @ 2.50GHz

Milan Horak
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 5:20:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Hi Milan,

The 1) is not a generic error, so I suggest you raise a support ticket for this.
The 2) could be explained by the time it takes the LPR to finish the recognition, but also other parameters may affect this:
* Make sure the cameras, LPR-server, XProtect servers and Client machines are synchronized to the same date/time/timezone. Use NTP/Windows time if possible.
* Make sure there is sufficient CPU power for the LPR. Otherwise the LPR jobs could queue up. Check the CPY load with the Windows Task Manager.
If these do not help out, please raise as a support issue. Thanks.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support