Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.



Christian Nick
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:42:14 PM(UTC)
Christian Nick

Joined: 11/1/2013(UTC)
Posts: 0


I am having a strange problem.
When I add a device by auto or manual the program adds up to 16 cameras, and only camera1 will Work.
The other 15 ones are "ghosts" and cannot be used.

If I add 5 cameras, then it will add 5x 16 cameras under each device.

I am using Asoni CAM619MPIRX cameras, and in version 2013 I had no problems.

Any ideas for a solution ?

Please see image below



Error adding devices
Christian Nick attached the following image(s):
Udklip1.PNG (62kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#2 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 4:45:09 PM(UTC)

Joined: 8/30/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,115

Thanks: 35 times
Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
The simplest explanation is that the cameras are not enabled, as in your picture then right-click a camera and choose enable. Often the simplest explanation is the right one, hope it fits.
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:47:23 AM(UTC)

Joined: 3/12/2013(UTC)
Posts: 0

I had a similar issue today.

What was supposed to be a quick HW replacement turned into hell.

We changed the customer camera and went over the HW replacement wizard for the existing licensed channel.

After the process was completed the channel turned form fully licensed to expired 30 day grace period rendering the channel useless.

I went ahead and validated the license online and got the following error message: "Failed to create license request"
I tried to export the license file manually ans the same error appeared.

I went to the licensing portal and downloaded the latest lic file and since it contained I assumed it contained all previously validated channels and applied that file.

This last step removed the license form all 7 channels leaving 3 cameras completely out and the other 4 in 30 day grace period.

No idea how to fix this since there is no record of this error message in the forum.

Hope you can help out.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by user Thursday, May 5, 2016 3:51:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:19:37 PM(UTC)

Joined: 3/12/2013(UTC)
Posts: 0

Just to give closure to my case. I finally figured out. I contacted Milestone licensing support and they reset all the DLK for that SLC. The failure for the request was being triggered because the request did not contained a MAC address for the newly replaced device. I ran the HW replacement wizard again and this this time it did took the camera MAC and the online licensing worked like a charm.

Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.