Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dick
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:55:56 AM(UTC)
Dick

I would like to allow all devices with PTZ the ability to be controlled by particular users. In configuring Expert it appears the choice is limited to either no control or total control, with a PTZ Priority option thrown in.

Our system needs to allow PTZ use of cameras with the limitation of security not moving the power dispatch cameras and power dispatch not moving the security cameras.

A need exists for both groups to view the same cameras, but each group have limited ability to reposition the cameras.

Hoping there is a fix beyond which group might have priority in a PTZ Tug-O-War.

Thanks.

Edited by user Saturday, May 2, 2015 1:09:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Edit Subject / Clarification of text

Torsten
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 5:28:39 PM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I understand that the two user groups shall be able to see, but not to move the cams of the respective other group.

You do it like this:
(1) Divide the cams into suitable groups
(2) Divide the users into suitable roles
(3) Grant each role with suitable PTZ rights on the particular camera groups.
Note that viewing is not effected by the above.

For camera groups exclusive to group "A", remove the PTZ-tick marks from group "B"
For camera groups exclusive to group "B", remove the PTZ-tick marks from group "A"
For camera groups to be moved by both groups, you could assign a PTZ priority if you want to favour one of the groups. Otherwise it would be "first come, first serve".

Torsten

1 user thanked Torsten for this useful post.
Dick on 5/4/2015(UTC)
Dick
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 8:00:35 PM(UTC)
Dick

Thank you very much Torsten.

Your suggestion was exactly what I needed.

Dick