Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Alex
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 4:03:55 PM(UTC)
Alex

Hello,
I am a bit new to Milestone and have trouble with email notifications. I have set up email notifications and test works fine. I also setup hardware input even to sent notification on built-in motion detection with two attached images. I setup identical events for all of my cameras. I do get the emails on motion, but they do not have images. Not sure what else needs to be activated or checked...
Alex
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 4:30:39 PM(UTC)
Alex

I just read the relevant portion of Administrator's Manual for XProtect Express2014 and found the following:

However, if all of my cameras are configured to record on motion detection, how can an email alert about motion being detected be sent yet no images are in it?
Torsten
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 9:29:48 AM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I agree, if you trigger mails by a motion event, you should also received attached images. Especially since you are using the built-in motion detection (i.e. the Recording Server doing a software-based motion detection), because that proves that the video has reached the server.

I think a supporter should come online and have a look. Pls create a support case.

Torsten
Ernest
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:53:48 PM(UTC)
Ernest

Step how to set up email notification in Xprotect Express
Marco
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:43:59 PM(UTC)
Marco

Same problem here. It was working well before, but since few days I upgraded to Express 2014, and now I'm not receiving attachments.

I understand in this new version they substantially changed the email notification approach and in fact I had to reconfigure email notifications. Now I receive motion warnings, but with no image. Any thought?
Jason
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:43:22 AM(UTC)
Jason

Is there a guide that outlines how to set something like this up? I am relatively new to Milestone and have been wanting email notifications based on motion since I installed it. Thanks for any help in advance!