Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

University of Alaska
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:46:15 PM(UTC)
University of Alaska

I have recently been able to copy a Smart Client Profile to create a new one. Last weekend we upgraded to 7.0d, and this week I attempted to create a new Smart Client Profile by copying an existing one and was unable to. I am also unable to add a new one. The only options available are to delete or rename the existing profiles. I am logged in to the Management Client with an account that belongs to the Administrators Role, so I should have this ability shouldn't I?

In addition to the version upgrade and at the same time I moved the management server from a physical machine to a VM, but our DB was already off of the management server, so that didn't move. I'm not sure if it was the upgrade to 7.0d, the move to a VM, or something prior to that that would have caused the issue. There haven't been any major settings changes since about December though and I know I've been able to do this since then.
Michael
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:18:45 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
We have no recent bug reports on the Smart Client profile feature for XProtect Corporate and Expert v. 7.0. I'm sure this is not directly related to the moving to a VM.
Logging on from the Management Server console with a Basic user with Admin rights is worth a try, and should point us in the right direction for debugging, but this is beyond the reach of the Forum.

If the issue persist, please raise a Support case for this. Thanks.

Edited by user Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:19:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
University of Alaska
#3 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 9:48:40 PM(UTC)
University of Alaska

Created a Basic User and added it to the Administrators group, logged out and back in with that user and still cannot add or copy smart client profiles.