Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ryan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:25:33 PM(UTC)
Ryan

We are running Milestone 2014 8.6d across a number of individual servers and eventually we plan on pulling them all under a master and making the existing servers slaves. Currently when we make changes to the events on our servers it restarts services on that server, which interrupts our display clients across the network for 30 seconds to a minute. When we switch to a master server, if we make changes to events will it still interrupt the live views for all of our displays even though the recording is being done on the slave servers and not the master?
Bo
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:31:43 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
If you are logged in with the Smart Client and then Milestone services are restarted you will experience a disruption to the cameras of that server. In a master-slave setup where you restart one of the slaves the disruption will only be experienced on the camera belonging to that slave server, other cameras that does not belong in the restarted server will not experience any disruption.
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
 1 user thanked Bo for this useful post.
Ryan on 5/12/2015(UTC)
Ryan
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:39:23 PM(UTC)
Ryan

Bo,

I should have specified that we will be using the master server as a mobile server and event server and not running cameras on it. In this scenario if I restart services on the master server, since all of the cameras are recording on the slaves, will I get disruptions to all of my clients or will they continue to run without a problem? Either way any new clients trying to log on will have issues while services are restarting, but I'm not worried about that.

Thanks
Bo
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:06:06 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Assuming you do not restart the Mobile Server service or the server it resides on.
The mobile client or web client will experience a disruption in the camera feeds from restarting server, but only from that server, all cameras that do not reside on the restarting server will experience no disruption.
In this scenario you can restart the master server and still only experience disruption on the cameras that reside in that server. New logins will even work based on some caching in the Mobile Server.
Remember the mobile server can be installed in any server. So the conclusion is; if you install it in its own separate server, all other servers can be restarted without causing an all out disruption.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:14:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: corrected new logins description

Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
 2 users thanked Bo for this useful post.
Ryan on 5/13/2015(UTC), Hassan on 8/11/2015(UTC)