Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ðulijano
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:23:05 AM(UTC)
Ðulijano

Hello,

On XProtect Expert 2014 R2 installation (7b) I loose camera stream, and get the following errors:

The proxy server serving the device driver 'SonyVB600.dll' is unavailable. This affects the following hardware: (continues with list of cameras)

As far as I could see, solution to this error was update device pack, but mostly it was problem with device pack 7.5. I upgraded device pack to 7.8 (latest at the moment of upgrade - a couple of weeks ago), and yesterday got information that the same error still happens. All affected cameras are Sony SNC-VB600, firmware is 2.1.2 and 2.1.3, which should be supported in the device pack.
Should I just install latest device pack (7.9), or is there another reason for this behavior?
Thank you.

Đulijano
Bo
#2 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 12:09:39 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
I cannot find a known issue which fits.
I wonder if the 'SonyVB600.dll' is truly unavailable, is it getting deleted or locked?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Milestone\XProtect Recording Server\Drivers\NativeDrivers
If locked, locked by what?

No matter if the file is locked or truly missing a device pack installation (or upgrade) will fix the issue at least temporarily.
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
Ðulijano
#3 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2015 12:18:31 PM(UTC)
Ðulijano

The strange thing is, that happens only for 4 cameras, other cameras on the server do not report problems.
I will check further t osee if I cna find something more.
Thanks.