Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

David
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:11:35 AM(UTC)
David

I've just registered for a Xprotect Go license and received a license number in my e-mail. The instructions are to open the Management Application and type in the code into the About window. However it seems I'm not allowed to. When I click the Software License Code (SLC) field, I can see a blinking cursor but when I try to type the code nothing is actually being typed in.

I'm using version 2.5b (build 187551)

Thanks for help!
David
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:16:13 AM(UTC)
David

Never mind, just found a .lic file attached to the e-mail with the license code. Imported into Management Application and now it's registered.

Instructions in the registration e-mail are a bit misleading.
Arjan
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:12:51 PM(UTC)
Arjan

I had the same isue, now I see the lic-file!!

Maybe a good Idea for Milestone to change the email a little bit :) I didn't see the lic-file also ;)

Great software!!! Nice that we can use Go for free, the best camera-software I have seen :)
Billy
#4 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 8:50:01 PM(UTC)
Billy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes would be really nice if email said: Save attached .lic file. Go to Management Application. File. Manage license offline. Import License. Locate saved .lic file.
Joe
#5 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 4:36:10 AM(UTC)
Joe

Thanks for that info. The email is definitely misleading.
Torsten
#6 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 10:54:49 AM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hej guys,

I became curious and tried myself. It seems, however, that I get another E-mail than you did. So I wonder if you could compare your E-mail to mine, and post your E-mail here for me?

Best regards,
Torsten
Quote:
Dear Torsten Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Attached please find the license file for your XProtect Go Software License Code (SLC): XXX-XXXX-XXXX

License Name: Torsten''s Go! license

This free license lasts 12 months. To continue using XProtect Go after your license expires, just re-register for another year, and don’t worry, XProtect Go is always free.

Please save the license file in a location that can be browsed from the XProtect Go Management Application.

How to import the license code in your XProtect Go system:

1. Open XProtect Go’s Management Application, either from the Windows Start menu or by double-clicking the Management Application shortcut on your desktop.
2. In the XProtect Go Management Application’s menu bar, select File > Manage License Offline > Import License.
3. Find the location on your hard disk where you saved the license file. Then click OK.
4. A text box will let you know that the license file has been imported successfully.
5. Save your changes by clicking the Save Changes and Restart Surveillance Services button in the Management Application’s toolbar.

When you add devices to your system, you must perform either online or offline license activation.

Please remember that the XProtect Go Support Community on Milestone’s website offers a wide range of support resources, including:

- User guides
- Frequently asked questions
- Video tutorials
- User discussion forum

Best Regards,
Milestone Online Team

XProtect Go - IP video surveillance starts here!
Joe
#7 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 5:48:38 PM(UTC)
Joe

Here is the text of the email I got:

This free license lasts 12 months. To continue using XProtect Go after your license expires, just re-register for another year, and don’t worry, XProtect Go is always free.

DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE
If you haven’t already done so, please click here to download the latest version of XProtect Go.

How to insert the license code in your XProtect Go system:

1. Open the XProtect Go Management Application
2. In the Management Application's Help menu, select About
3. Type the Software License Code listed above in the Software License Code (SLC) field, then click OK.
4. In the Management Application's File menu, select Close the Save Changes and Restart Services, or use the corresponding short cut in the menu bar. Once applied the system will be licensed and work with full functionality for 12 months.

Please remember that the XProtect Go Support Community on Milestone’s website offers a wide range of support resources, including:

- User guides
- Frequently asked questions
- Video tutorials
- User discussion forum

Best Regards,
Milestone Online Team
Justin
#8 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 9:50:49 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
Hi Joe,

So we can get the full picture I'm going to open and run a support case for you so we can trace this back.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Jeffrey
#9 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 11:02:15 AM(UTC)
Jeffrey

I also got the
"3. Type the Software License Code listed above in the Software License Code (SLC) field, then click OK."
instructions email, that does not work.
But then tried licensing using the .lic file attached to the email.
I got the message "license is not valid".
It may be because I installed Xprotect Go 2013, which I think is not be the latest version.

My question is, do I have to uninstall Go 2013, before installing the latest verion ?
Justin
#10 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 3:44:57 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
If anyone has an email where it says to write the license code, rather then import the aattatched license file. Could you please forward the email to support@milestonesys.com with the subject "Incorrect license import instructions recieved".
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Billy
#11 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 4:21:48 PM(UTC)
Billy

Jeffrey,

I did not have to uninstall. All my 2013 stuff was transferred over to 2014 automatically. I further more I was having issues with Trivison cameras dropping off of the Server. I haven't had one drop since I upgraded to the 2014 version.
Jeffrey
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:41:25 AM(UTC)
Jeffrey

OK thanks Billy, I will just leave the Go 2013 program and instal Go 2014 over it.
I just hope the 2014 version (device pack version 7.3) has a "ONVIF Conformant Device" driver,
as good as Go 2013 (Device pack version 7.1b).
Because I use that ONVIF driver a lot.
Billy
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:36:09 AM(UTC)
Billy

I am no expert by any means. I can only speak of my experiences. I have 5 Trivison cams running on GO and they use the ONVIF standard driver. Seems to work better for me on the 2014 version compared to the 2013 version.
 2 users thanked Billy for this useful post.
Jeffrey on 6/24/2014(UTC), Justin on 6/24/2014(UTC)
Jeffrey
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:09:32 AM(UTC)
Jeffrey

OK thanks Billy, that good news that the generic ONVIF driver is still there.