Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

john
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 11:22:11 PM(UTC)
john

I'm sure this is very simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I want a camera to ALWAYS record during a certain time of day (daylight hours) and to only record motion the rest of the time (night).

How would I accomplish this?

Thanks!
Justin
#2 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 3:11:50 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 416 time(s) in 376 post(s)
It's actually not the easiest thing to do in Essential. However you can work around it. The below details how to do it on Professional and Enterprise using Generic events, however using an input or manual event rather the bat script listed would also be sufficient.

Description

Within Xprotect Enterprise or Xprotect Professional you wish to record continuously within working hours but record on motion outside of these times.

solution

There is no inbuilt scheduler however please see the below work around configuration.
There are two things which I should note about this setup:
1, If you have motion ongoing at your stop time, so say you have motion occurring at 17:00 and the stop recording event fires you will have a blip when recording is stopped and then restarted based on the motion detection.
2, If you have the recording server restart for any reason albeit server reboot or change of settings the recording will only be on motion post reboot, until you have the start event fire. I believe there is a work around for this using some extra scripting in the .bat file.

Please follow the below pdf.
http://download.milestonesys.com/mtskb/s00833/Continuous recording within certain times and motion detection outside of those times.pdf

Edited by user Tuesday, May 26, 2015 10:20:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
DILEEP
#3 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2015 1:52:29 PM(UTC)
DILEEP

Hi Mr. Justin
Could you please send the Continuous recording within certain times and motion detection outside of those times.pdf. It's already moved from mentioned location. dpushpangadan@sabis.net
Torsten
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 10:12:22 AM(UTC)
Torsten

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Kaleem
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2015 9:40:40 PM(UTC)
Kaleem

Dear Justin i read your post regarding the continuous and motion detection scheduling. I literally did every thing that you suggested in the pdf. Following behavior was shown by milestone.

I specified in the task scheduler that start event should start at 5 pm and stop event should start at 5 15 pm (testing purposes)
In my understanding the normal behavior would have been that the camera would record continuously from 5 to 5 15 pm and would record on motion detection out of these times. But the camera records on motion detection throughout, and when i try to run the batch files, it says in command prompt "unable to access the server".
Kindly help me through it, i will be thankful to you.