Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

john
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:11:26 AM(UTC)
john

I'd like to cause camera 1 to record when it senses motion (no problem) and also for camera 2 to record when it senses motion (no problem), but also to make camera 1 record as well when cam 2 starts recording. I'm sure it's simple but I'm not getting it.

Thanks for any help.

Michael
#2 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 5:35:11 PM(UTC)
Michael

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 88 post(s)
This should be fairly simple, as you state:
Setup (in Camera1 Properties -> Recording Properties) recording on a Conditional Event with Start Event="Camera2 Built-in Motion Detection". If possible you can select a "Motion Stopped" event, or, if not, you will need to use a Timer Event for stopping.
Best regards,

Michael W.
Milestone technical support
john
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 7:18:42 PM(UTC)
john

Thanks,

I already have a "start event" configured, as I'm using in-camera motion detection as well as Xprotect's motion detection. There doesn't seem to be a way to have multiple conditional events to trigger recording.

I'd also like for the second camera to record ANY TIME the other records, i.e. no matter which motion-detection (SW or in-camera)starts camera 2, camera 1 should also record.

Thanks!
Justin
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:35:18 AM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
You would have the it configured as with the attached screenshot, so Built in motion detection plus the other cameras motion detection.

You could configure some alarms if you wanted more then just that event to cause the recordings to start so have an alarm on camera 2s motion detection, and then on the other event also. These alarms would then fire another "recording" event that would start the recordings on the cameras, in this sense you can then have as many "start recording" events as you wish.

Justin attached the following image(s):
recordingsetup.JPG (59kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
john
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:36:11 PM(UTC)
john

Thanks Justin,

I probably didn't make myself clear, but I'm already using an "event" for the in-camera motion detection (I assume I have to specify it here) so I get motion analysis from Xprotect AND from the camera's built in analysis, sent to Xprotect.

I want to record Camera 1 in all 3 situations:

1) Motion detected on Camera 1 by Xprotect SW ("Built in motion detection")?
2) Motion detected by Camera 1's own detection ("Event = Motion started on Camera 1")?
3) Any time Camera 2 records

* I can't seem to specify more than 1 "Event" as a record trigger?

Can this be done? It's very easy in most inexpensive DVR units to set up multiple cameras to record based on a single trigger.

Thanks!
Justin
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:39:32 PM(UTC)
Justin

Was thanked: 415 time(s) in 375 post(s)
Its not going to be neat but it's doable.
go to the alarm tab and create an alarm for each event you want to record on.
Now for each event fire a manual event which in essence is "recording on camera 1" (you probably only need to do whatever events are recording on camera 2 and the camera 2s own motion detection.

Now set the camera to record on the event fired by the alarms, if its not clear (and I can understand why) I'll try and get some screenshots together of what I'm talking about tomorrow (Just thought I'd logon from home in Denmark).

Kind regards

Justin

Please remember to thank people who assist you by using the thank option at the top of any useful posts.
Patrick
#7 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 8:32:33 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Originally Posted by: Justin Go to Quoted Post
Its not going to be neat but it's doable.
go to the alarm tab and create an alarm for each event you want to record on.
Now for each event fire a manual event which in essence is "recording on camera 1" (you probably only need to do whatever events are recording on camera 2 and the camera 2s own motion detection.

Now set the camera to record on the event fired by the alarms, if its not clear (and I can understand why) I'll try and get some screenshots together of what I'm talking about tomorrow (Just thought I'd logon from home in Denmark).

Any chance we can get these settings? I tried to follow, but no dice.

I added a PIR to my camera's alarm input. I want to record on motion OR alarm input/PIR. Possible?
Patrick
#8 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 7:14:39 AM(UTC)
Patrick

any help on this?
Bo
#9 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 4:11:04 PM(UTC)
Bo

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 298 post(s)
Here is the place to setup record on event..
Note that you can only have one event, which means you cannot do two different events.

Bo attached the following image(s):
recordonevent.PNG (118kb) downloaded 31 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Yours Sincerely, Bo Andersen
 1 user thanked Bo for this useful post.
Patrick on 4/25/2015(UTC)
Patrick
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:01:53 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Originally Posted by: Bo Go to Quoted Post
Here is the place to setup record on event..
Note that you can only have one event, which means you cannot do two different events.

Is there a version that lets me trigger on 2 events? Say built in motion and external PIR motion?
Patrick
#11 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 5:23:29 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Ok, I have this working. The PIR works better than the in camera motion.

I only have one camera with a hardware input.

Is there a non-camera device that Milestone can talk to to give me more hardware inputs? For example a USB or Ethernet device with GPIO?
Chris
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 4:07:56 AM(UTC)
Chris

After wasting hours trying to follow the vague and incomplete instructions in this thread, here are some detailed instructions for the benefit of future readers:

Problem:

I want to trigger recording on XProtect's built-in motion detection AND on in-camera pixel motion detection AND on Passive Infrared (PIR) motion detection.

Solution:

I'm going to describe this in text without pictures because it's difficult to get access to view images now that the forum is shut down to new users. If you do want to get access to pictures, it worked for me to set up an account at https://force.milestones...port/MccSupportCommunity which also created an account here on this forum.

Note that my particular camera is named 'HIKVision camera' at the device hardware level and 'Covered Parking' at the camera level.

In the XProtect Management Applicaton on the server:

• Advanced Configuration > Events and Output > right click Hardware Input Events > Add New Input Event for each of these:

• HIKVision camera > Motion started on camera 1 window 1 (rename as 'Pixel motion start')
    • HIKVision camera > Motion stopped on camera 1 window 1 (rename as 'Pixel motion stop')
    • HIKVision camera > Falling signal on Input 1 (rename as 'PIR motion start')
    • HIKVision camera > Rising signal on Input 1 (rename as 'PIR motion stop')

• Advanced Configuration > Events and Output > Manual Events > right click Global > Properties

• Add these new events:

• Covered Parking motion start
      • Covered Parking motion stop

• These events will be triggered by Alarms we'll set up next. Note that only Global Manual Events can be used for this purpose - a Manual Event associated with a particular camera can't be used.

• Advanced Configuration > Alarms > right click Alarm Definitions > Create New

• Name: Covered Parking pixel motion start
    • Trigger:

• Triggering event: System Events > External Event
      • Sources: Server > All Inputs > HIKVision camera > Pixel motion start

• Activation period:

• Time profile: Always

• Operator action required:

• Time limit: 1 minute (value doesn't matter)
      • Events triggered: Leave empty

• Other:

• Related cameras: HIKVision camera.

• This setting controls which camera(s) will be shown when you click this alarm in the Alarm Management tab and probably in other places. Just because a camera is listed as a related camera doesn't mean it will record at the time of the alarm. We'll be setting Covered Parking to record in response to these alarms later in these instructions.

• Initial alarm priority: High (doesn't matter, I don't think)
      • Initial alarm category: Leave empty or categorize as seems logical for your system.
      • Events triggered by alarm: Server > All Events (Server) > Covered Parking motion start

• Click OK, then repeat creating a new alarm for:

• 'Covered Parking PIR motion start' which triggers 'Covered Parking motion start'
      • 'Covered Parking pixel motion stop' which triggers 'Covered Parking motion stop'
      • 'Covered Parking PIR motion stop' which triggers 'Covered Parking motion stop'

• Optional: Create a new alarm that will show up in the Alarms Manager whenever built-in XProtect motion detection triggers recording. It's nice to have a different alarm for each type of motion detection so you can filter by alarm type to look at only the motion events you're interested in. In my case, I have built-in XProtect motion detection set very sensitive so it records every bit of movement including a lot of wind-blown plants or passing clouds. I generally skip looking at those recordings by filtering them out, but if something bad happens I may want to look at every bit of movement to find a guy passing that just broke into a neighbor's car (which I've needed to do). We don't need to have this alarm trigger an Event because the camera will be set to record on internal motion detection later:

• Triggering event: System Events > Motion Detected
      • Sources: Covered Parking
      • All other settings the same but leave 'Events triggered by alarm:' blank.

• Advanced Configuration > Cameras and Storage Information > double click Covered Parking > Recording Properties

• Conditionally > check 'Built-in motion detection' and 'Event'
    • Start event: Motion started for covered parking
    • Stop event: Motion stopped for covered parking
    • Check 'Enable pre-recording' for 3 seconds.
    • Check 'Enable post-recording' for 8 seconds. This long period helps ensure the recording won't stop due to a PIR stop event before another PIR start event is triggered.

Patrick
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:28:01 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Chris,

This is extremely helpful!

Thank you.