Hi,
I am investigating RTP timestamps in a WebRTC stream provided by Milestone and noticed something that I do not fully understand.
The server hosting the Milestone services has the correct current date and time, and the camera time also appears to be synchronized correctly. However, when I examine the RTP packets during recorded playback, the value represented by the RTP timestamp seems to correspond to a time that is several days ahead of the actual recording time.
Interestingly, I do not observe this behavior for live video streams. During live streaming, the displayed time appears to be correct and matches the expected current time. The issue only occurs when playing back recorded video.
One additional observation is that I see the same behavior in the official Milestone JavaScript WebRTC example. The server time and camera time are correct, but the RTP timestamp appears to be significantly ahead of the expected recording time.
I also noticed a difference between two Milestone systems. The same camera is connected to two different Milestone servers. On one server (with a higher license tier 25R3), the timestamp behavior appears to be correct. On the other server 26R1, the RTP timestamp appears to be several days ahead during recorded playback.
Since the same camera is used in both environments and the server times are synchronized correctly, I am trying to understand what could cause this discrepancy.
Has anyone experienced a similar issue or knows where such a problem could originate? Could this be related to the Recording Server, server configuration, licensing differences, playback implementation, or some camera-specific setting that affects recorded streams only?
Any guidance on where to investigate this issue would be greatly appreciated.
JavaScript WebRtc example
Thanks!
